Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the easiest way to measure the lenght of a Snake? I tried to measure my Boa last night because I want to keep a record of his growth but the little bugger kept coiling around my arm! I just wondered what is the easiest way without stressing him to much. Any suggestions would be appreciated.:)

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Bit of string mate.
Hold one end up near the head and as he moves, move the bit of string along him till you get to his tail.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:grin1: It's getting him to move! I'll give it a go, Cheers!:)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
or if it's easier to get a pic of him (on something flat, not your arm) you can use this wonderful bit of programming :smile:

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
or if it's easier to get a pic of him (on something flat, not your arm) you can use this wonderful bit of programming :smile:

Oh yeah, I downloaded that but forgot all about it.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
[SIZE=-1]Not a silly question at all! I'm having problems weighing my hatchling. I put her in the digi scales bowl, lined with a paper towel, and the little bugger shoots out. Haha.

:: Ians Vivarium - Free Downloads ::

[/SIZE]
Serpentine Widget's Snake Measurer

Can't find a really easy or reliable method for measuring your snake? This is the perfect solution - easy to use, find the length of your snake from a photo!
[SIZE=-1]http://www.serpwidgets.com/Apps/SnakeMeasurer.zip
[/SIZE]

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
[SIZE=-1]Not a silly question at all! I'm having problems weighing my hatchling. I put her in the digi scales bowl, lined with a paper towel, and the little bugger shoots out. Haha.

:: Ians Vivarium - Free Downloads ::

[/SIZE]
Serpentine Widget's Snake Measurer

Can't find a really easy or reliable method for measuring your snake? This is the perfect solution - easy to use, find the length of your snake from a photo!
[SIZE=-1]http://www.serpwidgets.com/Apps/SnakeMeasurer.zip
[/SIZE]
Put a pillow case on the scales and zero them , then put the snake in the pillow case and weigh the lot.: victory:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts