Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
This is it, I was just reading the thread about licensing. Now these are the w:censor:ers that are going to ruin it for us genuine rep keepers.
Everyone will be tarnished with the same brush as was keepers of pit bulls when a certain minority screwed it up for everyone else that wanted to keep this breed.
Its going to be the same with snakes! :bash:

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
omg people like that are gonna make the law for snakes come to the u.k it really makes me angry grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:devil:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
This is it, I was just reading the thread about licensing. Now these are the w:censor:ers that are going to ruin it for us genuine rep keepers.
Everyone will be tarnished with the same brush as was keepers of pit bulls when a certain minority screwed it up for everyone else that wanted to keep this breed.
Its going to be the same with snakes! :bash:
Agreed, good points.

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
What next? Gangs of youths hanging around street corners armed to the teeth with Falcons?! f:censor:g ridiculous! I know the sort of inbred little shites would do that though - it is Brizzle after all... :roll:

Nice looking Retic at the top of the article though...

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Why is everyone jumping to the idea of bans, licencing, DWA lol. It wont happen, bad things arnt happening often enough and on a big enough scale for "them" to "invest" in licencing.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Why is everyone jumping to the idea of bans, licencing, DWA lol. It wont happen, bad things arnt happening often enough and on a big enough scale for "them" to "invest" in licencing.

Your correct it won't happen but these kinda people aren't making it any easier for us!

: victory:

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Maybe some sort of licence wouldn't be a bad idea, it would stop ***** like this getting hold of snakes and making the general public hate them even more.

It will never happen though, there would need to be a lot of instances like this in order to provoke a reaction from the government.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I can't say how sick I feel these people are to treat their poor animals and to terrorise this poor lad like this.

They need a few years of compulsory service in the Army to teach them a little respect. :Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
sorry couldnt help but notice it said sunk its fangs and left two punctures even tho it is a python

·
Registered
825 Posts
sorry couldnt help but notice it said sunk its fangs and left two punctures even tho it is a python
they still have teeth :lol2: remember this lad and the people who delt with the incident know nothing about snakes, it may not have even been a python, a large corn could give a nasty bite and leave puncture wounds. it really sucks but thats the first time i've ever heard of anyone using a snake as a wepon! can't help but think i'd prefure that to many of the other wepons common on the streets atm!

·
Registered
782 Posts
The world is getting worse in my eyes,people are doing stuipd things these days and using animals,like the last thread about people using ferrets as balls and throwing them agaist a wall,this is defo not fair.
I was driving home last night and saw a hedghog on the road i pulled in a layby to go and get him and put him away from the road side,i didnt wanna see another poor creature get killed just because it was hunting probs.:bash:

·
Registered
825 Posts
I was driving home last night and saw a hedghog on the road i pulled in a layby to go and get him and put him away from the road side,i didnt wanna see another poor creature get killed just because it was hunting probs.:bash:
i was in a taxi on the way home a couple nights back and i made the driver stop so i could move the hedgehog he swerved to avoid :lol2: he thought i was crazy!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
lol, if a gang came up to me with a snake I'd smack them in the face and have a nice new addition to my collection :)

even though these incidents are few and far between, they still strengthen the publics negative view on reptiles. I dont think it would be too hard and costly for them to bring in a rule that states no one under the age of 18 is allowed reps, not saying they should, but that will be the first step to banning them...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Not the most popular opinion here I'm sure, but let's say for the sake of argument, you need a reptile license to keep anything, especially snakes. I'd do it. I mean, I wouldn't want to and shouldn't have to, but I would rather register my animals than lose them to an ignorant organisation like the RSPCA.

Thankfully I don't see this happening. The government has too much on it's plate without worrying about hoodies with snakes. The kid's going to live, the snakes might not. Oh well. As long as it's not happening weekly, I doubt there will be any licensing beyond the DWA.

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
Yeah if someone threatened me with a snake I'd calmly take it off their hands, and let them know it was going to a responsible keeper. Then I'd run them over or something : victory:

As for the incident... there's been 3 of these now in one month! People like this are the ones pushing for a ban on snakes, even though they don't realise it. Why can't they all grow up and get a bit more responsible, rather than risk ruining it for the rest of us. I agree nothing will happen, at least not yet, but there's no point playing with fire or you risk getting burned...

·
Registered
661 Posts
I agree with what some people say about if the ban was to ever come in and i personally dont think it will it would stop Mickheads like this owning snakes but it still wouldnt solve any thing there still people owning pitbulls now so the only thing it would do it just make it harder on all the genuine rep keepers

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
I do strongly agree that Reptiles shouldnt be sold to under 18's, it would make life better for the whole hobby. It scares me when you see some one come on the forum say and come out with "Hi im 14 and just bought an amazon tree boa, what set-up does it need"?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts