Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy is clearly trying to spam me! Does anyone actually fall for this?

Note:
1. I am actually only selling one snake.
2. Most of the snakes in the list I gave him don’t exist and the prices I gave are outrageous.

----------------------------------------------------

Wright Bale <[email protected]> wrote:

This is to confirm from you whether the reptiles are still available for sale. I'll appeciate it if you can tell me the last asking price,the reason you want to sell and if there is more pics on it I'll love to see it as well. I 'll be waiting to hear from you as soon as you can.

Bale Wright

****-----------------------------------------------
Lee wrote:

Yes, they are still available. What one was it you were interested in?
I am selling because I am creating space for a new breeding project.

Kind regards,
Lee

I want to buy all...I want the last asking price for it Okay?

Lee wrote:

I am selling lots of reptiles and equipment.

What was it you were specifically after?

Wright Bale < [email protected]> wrote:

The snakes to be precise....

Lee wrote:

Oh ok, no problem at all!

I have 8 snakes for sale at the moment, all varying breeds, sizes and temperaments.

Which one was it that you were interested in?
Where did you see the ad posted?

Thank you so much for your response...I want to buy the 8snakes because we are a group of people that just want to open a zoological garden and we need various species of this snakes. All I wanted from you is for you to infor me the price each of this snakes go for. I saw your ad repitels site. I hope you give me the breakdown in your next mail to me...

Lee wrote:

Yes of course, here we go:

Ghost corn snake - £580
Yellow rat snake - £450
Green eggchaser - £110
Jungle Carpet Python - £300
Anaconda Boa - £50
Frog snake (het for albino) - £850
Mainland Reticulated Python - £800
Jampea Reticulated Python - £70

Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks for your email.
I'm okay with the price of Mainland Reticulated Python - £800,Yellow rat snake - £450,Frog snake (het for albino) - £850,Anaconda Boa - £50. the total amount is £2,100.I'll not be able to send the cheque to you myself due to the far distance so as not to delay the transaction,but I've made an arrangement with my business partner,who is UK,to send a cheque of £5,000 to you.Just have the cheque cleared within 3-5 days.As soon as it clears,you'll deduct the price of it,and help me transfer the remaining funds to my shipping company via Western Union Money Transfer the same day the cheque clears which serve as shipping charges to my shipper for the pick up arrangement at your location.I'm compensating you with £100 for the running around expenses in the transaction.
I'll need your full data so that I can instruct him to forward the payment to you as soon as possible.

NAME...
ADDRESS...
PHONE NUMBER...

Hope to hear from you soonest.
Regards,
Bale Wright

It all depend on you Lee... anyone you prefer is okay by me

Lee Wrote:

Ok!

Name:
Lee Jones

Address:
New Scotland Yard
Broadway
London
SW1H 0BG

Phone Number:
020 7230 1212

Is there anything else you need?

I'll get back to you...

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
brilliant - I think we should all do that to them:notworthy:

p.s. can I have your Frog snake please as I have never seen them so cheap..................................

LMAO

·
Registered
39,214 Posts
Haha! Thats halarious!

I responded to some person in 'london'. She was selling a BRB, which I really wanted, and it was cheap. So, numerous emails later, I agreed, and asked if she was around one weekend, as I am in london too. Turns out she is actually in British Cameroons in Africa. She wanted me to send her the £200, and she would post it, it would only take 13 hours apparently... well, I was having non of it. She KEPT emailing me back, so I just ignored her, he gave up in the end, lol

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
I had this exact same scam happen with my car. ended up this guy (in switzerland) sending me a FAKE bankers draft. it was listed as from the bank of ireland, and was sent from spain. lol.
I phoned up the irish bank, and was told it was fake, spoke to auto-trader to tell them about this scam, and then posted ALL the information to the police.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
HAHAHAHA! brilliant! well done mate! might i suggest letting scotland yard know they can expect a cheque from a fraudster and all other details of the transaction :rotfl:

·
Registered
265 Posts
LOL!!!! This thread has just made my day!!:2thumb:

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
its called the 419 scam, and usually originates from Nigeria. If anyone fancies having fun with these guys, then take a look at this site: http://www.419eater.com/ Theres loads of tips for winding them up, but the most important thing to remember is they can be dangerous, so only use totally untraceable email addresses (hotmail, yahoo etc) and NEVER give out any true information - stay safe, and have fun! ;)

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
i want that anaconda boa, will it fit in a 9L RUB for a few years?? oh and will it eat crix as i cant stand rodents??

Nice one with the scotland yard addi lol

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::bash::bash:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
these are great, i've been winding these guys up for ages too.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
haha nice one!

Its sooo so shocking though!! how many people try and scam you!

I was selling my mountain/jump biek on a BIKE FORUM and the amount of scam eamsil i got from people!! tis mental!! in the end i gave up! might post it on the classifieds here actualy! lol

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts

Hahahaha nice one. I had all this when i was trying to sell my Tegu (which I kept in the end). Some people are just idiots though and will fall for stuff like this.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
the scotland yard bit was pure genius!:2thumb:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts