Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think my gecks have caccitia, but i cant get the sample to the vet until after christmas. does anyone know what the sample looks like if they have caccitia?? i would really appriciate some advice!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea- sorry about that. im useless at spelling!!!

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
To be honest it doesnt matter what it would look like because without a veterinary diagnosis you cannot begin any sort of treatment. Until you know what is wring, treat it as if it does have a condition.. since you dont know which yet you must be quite cautious.

This means ISOLATE it from any other lizards you own and wash your hands thoroughly after feeding/cleaning/handling the affected animal. If posible always handle your healthy animals BEFORE the unhealthy one to lessen the chance of spread.

Are the geckos eating? When is the earliest you can submit a sample to the vets?

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Coccidia-infected feces often have some blood in it (dark red colour) ,stools are loose and smelly,with whitish pus dribbling from them.Also you can have a look under the belly of your gecko,the liver (blackish ,seen through the skin) will appear much bigger than it should be.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
at the mo, my 2 females arent eating. i think the earliest is about the 27/28.
that may be too late for petal, though.

their poo is a thick, creamy substance with black dashes in it. any idea what it may be??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
another thing is Petal keeps moving to the cool end, but when i take her out, she is cold. i move her to the hot end, but she just moves back. doya think that is a symptom??

also, she is very weak. to move around she pushes herself along with her back legs. i am megaworried!

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
then mega-rush to a mega-vet on tuesday;this is the only thing to do...her behaviour going to the cold spot means nothing in particular.maybe raise your temps by a few °f,this will help the immune system of your gecko to work better :wink:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
petal died this morning. i didnt think she would make it. :( :cry:

i am taking my other 2, so i can get them treated

1 - 14 of 14 Posts