Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any body know
1)can i put an exoterra water fall in with leo's(not sure cuz of humidity)
2are they ay good and
3)can it substitute as a water dish??? someone please help me

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
i would think they give off to much humidity for a leo viv! but if it didnt, i would probably loose the water bowl.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank u.any other advice anyone else cud give me wud b gr8

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also does anyone know if theyre hard to clean

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
they are a waste of money if you ask me...they break, harbour loads of nasty germs and mostly why???. a water dish does the job just fine and dandy...you don't get a whole load of mini waterfalls where leos are from!! :D

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i suppose so im jus thinking of new things to make my viv look a bit nicer.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
a nice rock dish would do the job just as well as a waterfall.....put some cork bark in couple of interesting tubes a bit of greenery just try and make it look like a natural environment....(oh and moving water will whack the humidity right up there as well, not good for leos..)

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dunno if u cud tell me if my viv sounds ok...but here goes...
at the mo i have a 2ft wooden viv,a cork bark(i think it is) log on cool side, i tupperware tub full of shredded damp kitchen towl in warm side at back,a lil log in front of that,a exotera small cave at back in centre and a rock like bridge across centre of viv.water dish is at front in centre(tried to keep it away from heat lamp cuz of humidity) and a small dish in corner for when they have mealies. they also have a pop bottle lid full of calcium powder.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
is it a hollow log?

sounds good...would suggest one thing..try using sphagnum moss in your shedding box/moist hide...looks more natural and holds water really well...costs about £2.00 for a big bag in B&Q/homebase...

sounds like you have more than enough to keep them occupied! :)

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah both of logs r hollow and they love lying under the bridge,theyve taken 2 sitting in water dish to.i did try moss but all i found was that crix kept hiding in there n i was struggling 2 get them out,i also have an exo terra silk plant hanging down in back corner like a vine kind of thing with loads of leaves on there.plz msg bk

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
you can buy that bamboo screening, i have put that on the back of all my viv's, just looses the blandness of being a 'box'. also, periguin are just starting a whole new range of bowls and hides, some of these are sooooooooooooo cool!!! :D

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
i dont think those waterfalls look that good. i wouldnt waste money on them if i was u!

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
wozza_t said:
also, periguin are just starting a whole new range of bowls and hides, some of these are sooooooooooooo cool!!! :D
Have you got a link where they sell the hides etc? I tried doing a google but couldnt find anything and Im fed up of seeing the same caves and water bowls for sale. :(

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i cuddnt find anything on google either

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
i had a waterfall in with my gex...until it broke...lol, i keep meanin to fix it but movin soon so not goin 2 worry until i have, i never had a prob with humidity although it did dry out fast and i turned it off at night as it made an anoyin humming...which was right by my head...lol

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol thinkin of noises im was positive my crix were gonna escape last night they were runnin rnd tub...got up tis morning tho and they all still there :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts