Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok,my female rankin still isnt eating well i have treated her and the viv for mites, still no improvement, i have changed the temprature, still no improvement, all she eats is a locust every now and then. i have decided she is going to the vets but he isnt back till friday, so i thought i would come on here and she if any one could advise anything else. also it has been a long time since she last shed her skin.

thanks
si

·
Banned
163 Posts
have you tried giving her more of a variety :? instead of crickets or locust try mealworms and vice versa.. hope shes ok anyways :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah dude i have wax worms, large meal worms, black and brown crx and locusts lol what more verity do they want lol oh and plus veg lol :D

·
Registered
516 Posts
don't panic!!

HIa,

Hannah here. I know how you feel about the rankins not eating much but I really wouldn't stress too much.

My li'l female rankin doesn't eat very much but she now an then has a little feeding session when she feels like it.

She could be eating when your not around...some females get a complex ya know!! :)

I find mine are a little picky and will not eat a huge amount of fruit and veg, they mainly stick to mustard greens and a grape now and then.

One day they turn their noses up at a nice juicy wax worm and other days they are in the pot before i can put a worm out for them...peculiar little things....anyway, just don't panic and just be patient with them, aslong as they are active and growing healthily then i hope there is no problem!

Han

1 - 5 of 5 Posts