Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just got my new bd and it is in with my other, they say that my older one is a female and they cannot be fully sure on what sex my new one is, but anyways my older one went for the new littler one what shall i do?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not much

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they seem to be fine right now but the little one just ran off up into the trees and my older one is sitting on his stick

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
You should quarantine new animals and not introduce them into eachothers viv but on neutral grounds, such as a new viv, the floor, sofa or a bed.
Keep an eye on them both, make sure they are both healthy and eating.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
lol I was about to say this lol beat me to it Catherine :p

If you've had the older one for a long time she's claimed rights to her patch and a new (especially a younger threat) bd will not be tolerated.

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
What i find strange is on your other thread coast to coast wouldn't let you take the beardie as you didn't have a ceramic light but were fine with you sticking a new beardie straight in with your existing one.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
You should have had another vivarium set up before you bought the second, or do you have one?
If so put your new beardy in it right away.
Youve got to quarantine animals for at least a month if not more before you introduce them to your current animals.
Your new one could have something nasty and kill your current one. Yeh it's unlikely, but peoples whole collections have been killed off before and it's never worth the risk, even if it's something as simple as having hook worm. It's double the vet bill. :(
I'd buy another setup asap anyway because if she bullies your new one it will suffer.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
he/she is in the other viv now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts