Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a deposit on a pair of olive pythons last night (thanks corncrazy and corncrazy's hubby) and i'm so excited i could do a wee :)

I have wanted some of these for a long time now, so i'm chuffed to bits to be getting them.

as they aren't mentioned much on here i just wanted to see who keeps them and if you do please stick up a pic so i can look forward to getting mine even more :2thumb:

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply.
they're stunning, the male is so cute with his big eyes!
i love the second to last pic of the female, really shows off the lovely smooth pointy head which is one of my favourite things about their looks.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
They look awesome!! Are they expensive?? What are temperaments like with this species??

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
They look awesome!! Are they expensive?? What are temperaments like with this species??
You can get good deals on them usually as they don't seem to sell well, people like to look at them but most are scared because they have a reputation of being a handful, they arnt usually a snake you handle much.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Don't usually see them for sale,

Temperament depends on the individual, my male is puppy tame but the female will strike at anything that moves, both very active though

Usually are hard to sell due to reputation and size

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm determined to change their bad reputation.
bloods had one, retics had one, now they're both really popular, so i'm going to give it a good try :lol2:

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
I adore these! So so jealous!:notworthy:
Amazing snakes, really active and curious. Mine was a total arse and struck at everything. He was 9ft too so not small.

The OH made me get shut of him as he was too much for me on my own but I'd certainly have them again from hatchlings.

I love all liasis though so I'm biased!!

Massive, massive congratulations :2thumb:

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
i'm determined to change their bad reputation.
bloods had one, retics had one, now they're both really popular, so i'm going to give it a good try :lol2:
Nice one!
i still see people posting about the "typical Blood python temperament", which always makes me want to ask: "you mean friendly and lazy?"

Olives are wicked, though i've yet to see one in the flesh. Hope they do well for you! Looking forward to pics!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
my pair are quite docile bit flighty in their enclosure, and bloods my 6ft t+ albino is a complete puppy :2thumb:
Bloods are one of my favourite looking snakes although I'm afraid to purchase one just incase I get one with the devil in it, incredible animals though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts