Reptile Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's a beautiful day and there's a buddleia bush outside my window, so I grabbed my cam and thought I'd get you guys a few pics.

I didn't take any of the cabbage whites as they wouldn't sit still or open their wings.

Now I'm no photographer but some of these came out quite nicely.

There's more pics but these are the nicest I think.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Nice photos . Just what this section needs at the moment , pwitty butterflies .:flrt:

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, that'll be 10cc of intramuscular happy right there. BAM! right into the leg.

·
Registered
10,519 Posts
Thanks guys, that'll be 10cc of intramuscular happy right there. BAM! right into the leg.
Hahaha, you make me laugh :lol2:

They are awesome pics btw, wish the butterflies I had yesterday posed for me like that :blush:

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was surprised... I expected them to bugger off the moment I got too close. Seems that buddleia is to delicious, when ever one got spooked it moved about 2 feet at most.

Your pics are still better.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sounds about right. Thanks Ash.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Loving the 'Painted Lady', dont really see many of those up my way anymore, stupid smog :(

I have a bit of a Butterfly addiction.:mf_dribble:

·
Registered
12,007 Posts
I have one of these bushes in my garden as well i cut it back last year and it almost tripled its flowers this year. I had so many butterflies all over it its was so nice!

However a week ago for some reason the wasps started taking a fancy to it and i had to cut it back again. Hopefully next time i'll again have triple what i had this year.

Marina:)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
beautiful:flrt:
I often get the orange ones coming into the house, they are stunning creatures and to think how ugly they are at the start of their life cycle.
Isnt mother nature a fabby chick:2thumb:

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how come you did not catch it for your T's
Because dear sir, the smallest butterfly was about 2x the size of my largest T...

There's a reason Buddleia is called Butterfly Bush :D

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Awesome pics Hedgewitch!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad folk like the pics.

And tokay, you didn't get any pics of Morphos in the amazon did you? Just wondering as those are some bloody amazing butterflies (they're the big ones with the metallic blue wings).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts