Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. some of you may remember absolutely months and months and months ago....like errmmm.....september i think???? My snow corn excaped and after searching the hosue high and low could not find her so after a cpl of months decided to face facts and accept she was gone.....however, this morning, i go into lil mans bedroom and as i bend down to turn snake lights on, i notice a thin corn sized poo with a wee trail goin from it.....I hav once again turned everythin upside down and nope.....still nothing...but...I think this means she is still here somewhere!!! :roll2:

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im going to try tonite...but set up every trap i thought posss wen she escaped and she avoided every one lmao

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Why don't you try laying some food down? A mouse? Or a large shallow water dish so she can have a drink.

Thats fantastic news! Now you just need the right moment to get her.

·
Registered
111 Posts
good luck with the hunt, sounds like she didnt leave the snake room much lol. great news and the best of luck to you

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why don't you try laying some food down? A mouse? Or a large shallow water dish so she can have a drink.

Thats fantastic news! Now you just need the right moment to get her.
Lol im gona try the food thing again tonight chick....just gota wait for OH to come home to go buy some as dont hav no small stuff in my freezer and dont wana take poorly lil man out againa today....I will also leave some water down so wish me luck!! xx

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Ok. some of you may remember absolutely months and months and months ago....like errmmm.....september i think???? My snow corn excaped and after searching the hosue high and low could not find her so after a cpl of months decided to face facts and accept she was gone.....however, this morning, i go into lil mans bedroom and as i bend down to turn snake lights on, i notice a thin corn sized poo with a wee trail goin from it.....I hav once again turned everythin upside down and nope.....still nothing...but...I think this means she is still here somewhere!!! :roll2:
Hello nat, my male snow corn excaped too but we are very lucky because we have two cats and yea i thought that he was dead that my cats had ate him but just two days later after turning my house upside down, at 8:00 in the morning my brother saw that the cat had something and the cat run away and there he was very scared but ok apart from a few cuts on him from the cat but he's fine now...

Just don't give up she well turn up :)

All the best and good luck Sam

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
well you remember my story, it may just turn up hun

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1949_sam....well done on finding yours but as u said u gave up thinkin she was dead and she was only gone 2 days? My snow has been missing 4 months!!

cornmorphs....yea ur story realy has given me hope xx

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
I had a corn escape several nights ago ( a bubba) thought I would never find it cos we are packing and there is boxes everywhere, she turned up this morning , In with the mice !! She was just sat there wondering what to do !!! perhaps you could put a mouse in a cage (defrost though) along with a hide and heat mat and hope she squeezes through the bars and eats then settles down in the hide.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
1949_sam....well done on finding yours but as u said u gave up thinkin she was dead and she was only gone 2 days? My snow has been missing 4 months!!

cornmorphs....yea ur story realy has given me hope xx
4 months is a very long time but there is hope my friend lost his 2ft python in his mums house which is a very big 5 bedroom and they looked every where and about 8 months later they found him in the boiled room so he was lovely and warm but needed to stay in vets for a few days and he's ok now...

try and put some food/water down again and you might just catch her, i really do hope that you do get her back, and i named mine lucky cos the vet said that most cat's would have eaten it he was just sooo lucky...

All the best nat and i didn't mean to sound funny or anything like that :)

Sam xxx

·
Registered
25,691 Posts
I lost one for 3 months.

Haven't followed any other threads but have you tried the bottle method - bottle with a small neck, that she will be able to get into - jam a mouse in there and the idea is they're too fat (and lazy) to squeeze out and are trapped in the bottle until the food is digested. If you can use a plastic bottle you can cut it open then to get her out in the morning. I haven't seen it working myself but in theory it is sound :)

My ghost was wrapped around the pipes underneath my bathtub.

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
I lost a kingsnake years ago,we got him back by setting up a heat mat on the floor with a cardboard box 1/2 on it as a hide,inside which we placed 5 brained fuzzies,hoping the scent would attract him and if so that he would choose to stay in the hide as it was warmed.Took 2 weeks and many smelly fuzzies but one morning,bingo,there he was all curled up and fat in the hide.Really hope you find him soon Nat

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanx peeps....Iv just set up the area...all nice and warm, with a hide, shallow waterbowl and fuzzy so we shall see how we go, if she is still around she has got to be bloomin hungry!!!:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts