Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Omg, im sooooooooooooo excited, just checked on my eggs to find my first baby bearded dragon........another egg just about to hatch!!

I dont think i was this excited at the birth of my own kids!......:lol2:

question is, when do i take it out.....its fully out of the egg now.....

and when do i feed it??

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
i think you can take them out when their out the egg and they take something like 7-9 days till they've fully digested the yolk sack and will feeed

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
its good to leave them in for 24 hours or more just to regain strength. i heard they stimulate the others to hatch?? not sure its true but might well be.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Give it at least 24 hours in the incubator - I took mine out when they were actively moving around and transferred them to the viv. Don't expect it to eat for anything up to about 4 days. You can leave very finely chopped veg in the viv in case they do try and eat something.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its good to leave them in for 24 hours or more just to regain strength. i heard they stimulate the others to hatch?? not sure its true but might well be.
thats what i was going to do....., its just the feeding im not 100% on.....

·
Registered
569 Posts
When first hatched, baby beardies aren't hungry - you have to wait a few days until they feel hungry, and then realise what you are putting in the viv is food. I didn't get much interest from mine until about day 4 - then it was quite fun. First they would run away from crix - and then they realised they might actually be something they could eat! Once they got started they didn't stop, so hope you've got a good supplier nearby! :lol2:

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When first hatched, baby beardies aren't hungry - you have to wait a few days until they feel hungry, and then realise what you are putting in the viv is food. I didn't get much interest from mine until about day 4 - then it was quite fun. First they would run away from crix - and then they realised they might actually be something they could eat! Once they got started they didn't stop, so hope you've got a good supplier nearby! :lol2:

We will be buying in from the wholesaler that we use....... we have 80+ eggs in the incubator and our girlies are ready to drop another clutch!!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
i take mine out of incubator after a few hours and then place in a tub of its own and place inside another poly bos with heat mat and in the tub i put some kitchen roll and make it moist but dont know if anyone else does this .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts