Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i know if my turtle is pregnant? and if she is how long can it be before she lays her eggs? i have her in a half and half tank, half being water and half being a sand/soil mix for her to dig in. i need help :lol2:

·
Premium Member
13,849 Posts
What makes you think she might be, has she started digging nests or something?

You can very gently palpate the area in front of her back legs, you may be able to feel eggs if there are any.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
she is showing classic signs, going crazy at the edge of the tank trying to get out, not eating and she has got fat on her back end which when i feel at it it feels like there is hard lumps(maybe eggs) in there which is why i thought she might be pregnant. she is looking around th soil/sand bit so could she be looking for the right spot? sorry if that sounds stupid but have done a bit of research and read that they are all classic signs.

·
Premium Member
13,849 Posts
Does sound as though she might be doesn't it? Keep the soil/sand mix nice and damp, and maybe put a plant or two in there as they often like to lay at the base of plants.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
after closer inspection there might not of been eggs but i dont understand why she has got so fat on her back end she doesnt get over fed! i might get her checked over at the vets just to be on the safe side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts