Reptile Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Personally I'd freeze the eggs then bin them along with any others, do your research on hatchlings, be prepared for lots of hatchlings, get yourself a proper incubator and look into it the following season if it's what you want to do. You have no idea what she may have been paired up with and if it was an enigma, do you think you would be able to cope with potentially having all the babies suffering from the syndrome and having to assist them with eating, shedding etc and potentially paying to have them put to sleep? Breeding isn't something to be taken lightly, it takes up a lot of time feeding cleaning ensuring mums are well supplemented etc x

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Personally I'd freeze the eggs then bin them along with any others, do your research on hatchlings, be prepared for lots of hatchlings, get yourself a proper incubator and look into it the following season if it's what you want to do. You have no idea what she may have been paired up with and if it was an enigma, do you think you would be able to cope with potentially having all the babies suffering from the syndrome and having to assist them with eating, shedding etc and potentially paying to have them put to sleep? Breeding isn't something to be taken lightly, it takes up a lot of time feeding cleaning ensuring mums are well supplemented etc x

I'll take my chances thanks. And believe me I'm not taking it lightly and I'm doing lots of research.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.