Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have managed to get in stock one of the reptile world’s true wonders.

We have what we believe to be a pair of juvenile

ALDABRAN TORTOISES!!!!! – Geochelone Gigantea

C.B2005.

Here is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a lot of keepers out there to keep the second largest species of tortoise in existence. Adult males can weigh 550 lbs!!!

As far as we know there are no others available in the U.K - £1995.00 each

Also in stock now:

1.1 Peruvian Longtail Boas – Boa Constrictor Longicauda – C.B2006 £695.00 each

An opportunity to own one of the rarest Boa species in captivity. Max out at 7 ft, to be kept at slightly cooler temperatures than standard boas.

1.1 Kahl (original) strain Albino Boas – Boa Constrictor Imperator – C.B2006 £1150.00 each

Stunning oranges down the back, really must be seen to be appreciated chosen from 10 examples for their colour.

0.0.2 Jayapura Green Tree Pythons – Morelia Viridis – C.B2006 £425.00 each

One of the two is a red specimen the other is yellow. One of only two red babies in the entire shipment of 50 Green Trees.

0.0.6 Kaloatoa Super Dwarf Reticulated Pythons – Python Reticulatus – C.B @ S’N’A 2006 £495.00 each

Bred by Matthew, part of the team here @ Snakes’N’Adders. Now have fed three times. Stunning and growing fast.

Plus much, much more – too much to list.

Check what else we have in stock @ = www.snakesnadders.com

Any interest in the above animals should be sent to Charles Thompson @ [email protected]

We do not the Aldabrans to last long at all so act fast if you are interested. Pictures available as of tomorrow to all SERIOUS enquiries.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
jesus chaz, where on earth would you keep one of them?
like its own room?

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
wonder how long it would take to get that size?
any pics chaz?

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
how long would they take to get full size dude?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aldabra Giant Tortoises reach sexual maturity when they attain about half their final size. It seems that reaching sexual maturity is determined by size, not by age.

Between February and May, females lay between 9 and 25 rubbery eggs in a shallow, dry nest. Usually less than half of the eggs are fertile. Females can produce multiple clutches of eggs in a year. After incubating for about 8 months, the tiny, independent young hatch between October and December.

"taken from an internet source"

As you know if kept right tortoises mature very, very quickly. I would still estimate that you would need 15 years to mature a specimen though.

·
Registered
457 Posts
cornmorphs said:
jesus chaz, where on earth would you keep one of them?
like its own room?
more then that really

would want something 20ft square prolly

so like an outdoor hut thats 20ft square and then access to garden in summer etc

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here are some pictures.

To address the breeding question, they were Captive Bred in the Seychelles at a Private breeding facility. They have been imported to the U.K initially as it is easier to export to the U.K than to Spain with CITES animals. They have reached a stop gap in the U.K where they are to be fed and watered and in a couple of weeks the other animals are going to a wildlife park in spain. I have managed to get hold of two of these animals and as far as i am aware they are the only two to be released for sale in the U.K from this batch. As far i am aware this situation will not change. If these examples are not sold they will also go to spain.

Male Aldabran Tortoise - Geochelone Gigantea (£1995.00)

Female Aldabran Tortoise - Geochelone Gigantea (£1995.00)

Male Albino Boa - Boa Constrictor Imperator (£1150)

Female Albino Boa - Boa Constrictor Imperator (£1150)

Male Peruvian Long Tail Boa - Boa Constrictor Longicauda(£695)

Female Peruvian Long Tail Boa - Boa Constrictor Longicauda (£695)

Mexican Red Knee - Brachypelma Smithi (£45.00)

Ornate Horned Frog - Ceratophrys Ornata (£55.00)

Albino Horned Frog - Ceratophrys Cranwelli (£47.50)

Guyanan x Peruvian Red Tail Cross - Boa Constricor Constrictor (£125)

Red Jayapura Green Tree Python - Chondropython Viridis (£425)

Yellow Jayapura Green Tree Python - Chondropython Viridis (£425)

[/img]

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
I really want the albino.... can you hold it until my next bonus in July 2007? lol Think I may have to settle for a couple 10 100% hets and breed my own...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Just out of curiosity do you keep those animals on those blue stones or are they just for the pictures?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts