Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya Guys!!

Well lets just say today has been the most hectic day in a long time, I'll start with.....

I had been doing loads of housework including washing the livingroom carpet and being pregnant and tired i decided to lay down for an hour.

My husband woke me up saying that Dru was laying eggs!!! I was like OMG!! And started to get a tub ready for the eggs, I remembered i still had those eggs in the incubator, the ones that did'nt look great and i thought they had all failed because they went a bit dry and an off colour.

Well i was expecting to find the eggs really bad only to find 5 BABIES!! in the tub and another 3 heads poking out of there shells!. The rest of the eggs look o.k for now.

BUT......I freaked! Want to know why?? Cos i don't have a spare vivarium and i still have my 10 other babies and i dare mix them together.

So i had an old flat geo tank lying around, placed kitchen roll inside and a heat mat to keep them warm.

So tomorrow i have to take a trip to the Rep shop and buy some equipment.

OHHHHHH! As for Dru, Poor darling! She laid.....26 eggs! And they look fertile! So fingers crossed they will make it and i'll have little Vittikin babies!.

So i have learnt an important lesson today....No matter how bad an egg looks it could still be o.k. lol

I just hope this Rep shop has everything i need on my list or i'm stuffed.

I'll post some pics when things have calmed down.

I'm going to bed now, But i'm so hyped up from today i dunno if i can sleep.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Cursed Dream said:
wow bet u were well pleased! gd luk with ya lil babies id love a lil water dragon if theres one goin for free :p *hint* *nudge*
erm aint they beardies???
manda xx

·
Registered
87 Posts
lizard_lover said:
Cursed Dream said:
wow bet u were well pleased! gd luk with ya lil babies id love a lil water dragon if theres one goin for free :p *hint* *nudge*
erm aint they beardies???
manda xx
sorry i was just reading another topic bout sum ones waterdragon and im tired so i duno wat im doing lol i ment bds tho haha.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
woah god becky how many babies will u be looking after then? man thats a lot of crickets being fed a day lol

looks like u got a lot on your hands, but it will all be worth it in the end

good luck :2thumb:

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Guys,

Went out today and spent £150 on a new setup for the new arrivals, OUCH!!

So far 11 have hatched, but unfortunately for one, it has a badly deformed back leg but runs around o.k. I'll just have to wait and see what will happen and then re-home he or she in a nice warm cosy home. We've named it Clumpy for now.

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Surely that has to be fate!! If she hadnt had laid eggs you wouldnt have check the inc on that day!!!

Awww I want Clumpy!!! Where abouts are you!? I always take the retard animals! I got Obi because he has a dodgy Jaw!

Good luck with the little ones!!!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pixie_bex said:
Surely that has to be fate!! If she hadnt had laid eggs you wouldnt have check the inc on that day!!!

Awww I want Clumpy!!! Where abouts are you!? I always take the retard animals! I got Obi because he has a dodgy Jaw!

Good luck with the little ones!!!
We are in Winchester hampshire. Just off the M3.

I've given them greens this morning but no interest as yet, i'm sure they will be hungry soon. Little clumpy is doing o.k, for a little baby with a deformed leg he runs like lightening, I could'nt catch the little bugger! lol.

And your right ya know! If it was'nt for Dru laying her eggs then i would'nt have checked!!! Something was telling me to have a look but i was so damn busy with housework and stuff that i forgot and my husband said he had the urge to take a look too but again he was also busy.

I do truely believe in fate! If little Clumpy is o.k. Then your more than welcome to him, I shall see how he is in a few weeks and let you know. I have calcium Carb, So there all getting that this time as i find the Repton is crap! And of course there have Reptavite once a week on one feed.

I will see if i can post a pic of Clumpy for you. :D

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
okies, I have piccies, Everyone meet Baby Clumpy! I nearly lost the little bugger twice while getting pictures! lol, I just hope he eats well.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
aww how lovely.
very happy for your apparently limitless success recently :)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh mate, You should see our place! It's like a beardie farm! lol

There currently 21 babies here and our 6 Adult dragons and another 27 eggs in the incubator. Me & my husband were just looking at all these vivariums and started giggling to eachother. Opps nevermind! we love beardies! Breakfast time now is a joke! Preparing all there greens & veggies. And then dishing them all out into bowls. Then theres the water changes and cricket feeds.

Then spot cleaning the vivariums and totally cleaning out the babies, lol. Good job i'm home during the day! And work in the evening. And there's all the other animals on top of that too! lol.

BEARDIES RULE!!! :D

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
mornings are bad enough here with 2 beardies a bosc and 2 7 week old kittens.
Its fun though isnt it? me and trese are always yelling at each other in the morns while trying to get everything done and get to work, good thing neither of us eats breakfast really.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Awww I would love a kitten but were not allowed to have cats or dogs! But we can have Reptiles and birds?? hmm....

It's funny though when people come round, There like, oh wow, look at these babies! awwww look at these! Awwww aint they cute, Awwww love the snake & the parrot, Wow look at the adult beardies Bob, ARGGHHH! You have Tarantulas! lol.

I think i should charge people to come in, lol

But your right, it's def. worth all the effort especially seeing the babies go to good homes, I feel kinda lost when there all gone. I have 10 babies left at 6 weeks old and i might have a buyer for the lot! Obiously not as much as i would sell them for but it means less on the food bills especially with the new babies.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts