Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accidentally :oops: :oops: bought myself 2 more crested geckos yesterday ooopss!! lol Couldn't help myself, went into my rep shop and they were there so tiny and cute <3 HAD to buy them, bloke wasn't too impressed when I got home tho lol and now I have more lizards than snakes!! will get some pics when my cameras fixed :) :D

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
hehe - wheres all these bleeding creasties coming from!? they seam to be springing up everywhere at the moment!

·
Registered
336 Posts
thats why i dont go looking in shops! that and the fact that there are only 2 within a decent driving distance and one of which is disgustingly kept and the other is nice but give boxes of dead crix. grrrrrr

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
theres a crestie in our local also...
just the one...
prolly gona get it but trese is worried cos its sooooo fast as demonstrated by The shop assisatant.....who it apears couldnt even hurt it by dropping it.. its only a baby.. think £65 is a bit harsh tho...

apparently theres a lot of breeding attempts beene going on lately...many must have been sucessfull.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
DEANandTRESE said:
prolly gona get it but trese is worried cos its sooooo fast as demonstrated by The shop assisatant.....who it apears couldnt even hurt it by dropping it.. its only a baby.. think £65 is a bit harsh tho...
Never be scared of doing a deal! Ask for money off.. these things aren't fixed prices in the shops! :wink:

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Cresties are resally prolific, its just finding females in the 1st place! you cant tell until their at least 9months old and the proportion of males to females is not in favour of the females! I was actualy advised to buy 10 hatchlings in the hope of getting a pair. at 65 pounds a pop thats alot of money!

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
welshgaz said:
DEANandTRESE said:
Never be scared of doing a deal! Ask for money off.. these things aren't fixed prices in the shops! :wink:
yep gota agree there....my 100% het albino male, 3 yrs old, with paperwork was up in shop for £350 and i got him for £290 :D

Cara....sadly....its a fact that the reptile hobby is addictive LMAO....4 yrs ago I had 1 beardie, now if u look at my sig its grown slightly LMAO :lol:

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
well...i dont do that kind of thing...im a businessman yes..and in bizness to bizness its fine..but i hate it when customers try and knock prices down..i dont let them...so wouldnt try it..
in my opinion if a deal can be done it should be offered... i could ask but it goes against my morals and wouldnt feel right regardless of the outcome.

also the owner said

"i can do that for 65" when we asked as it wasnt priced... i think "cant u do it for 55" had to be in there within 2 seconds to be ok... and i didnt ask.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
lol...dont worry...i didnt ask shop owner wat his lowest was, he simply overheard me saying if we had had more id have got him, and he enquired how much we did have, we originally went in the shop for a het orange ghost lol

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
yeh cool. hmm

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
The way I see it is I'm a the business of buying them so I always ask whats the best price..... Reptile shops wouldn't let it go unless there was profit in it for them, I'm not about to start paying full shop prices for stuff I know I can get cheaper. If they don't want to knock money off they don't have to.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love my local rep shop, have a really good rapport with the owner, always get prices discounted if not at cost (I have no idea how he makes money - but I will soon - I'm doing his accounts lol) one of the geckos shed this morning, bless it and the other had a bit of his CGD & babyfood so alls looking good! :D

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
nice, like the 'accounts' part, that could spell B.E.T.T.E.R D.I.S.C.O.U.N.T in the future :lol: .

as for the green iggy, have you spoke to rossthedon?

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Where are the photos?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol I have Pm'd Ross but I'm assuming hes very busy at the moment and has not had a chance to reply, I also may be getting a 9month old one that was advertised on here not long ago, as for pictures, I've now got access to the internet at home but my cameras still broken, might be able to take some with my phone though. :D

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
i think hes snowed under with this viv thing he has started....and he was ill over xmas! but im sure he will get back to you soon.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts