Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, bit of advice please.

Tilly the horsfield has had a lovely day stomping round the garden in the south coast sunshine. After chomping a few weeds and doing a bit of exploring she went to her normal spot and dug herself a hole for a nap. Since being dug up she has continually had her mouth open slightly which i'm a bit concerned about. She had a bath and has gone to sleep ok, there is no discharge from the nose, she doesn't appear to be weezing or struggling for breath and as far as i can see there is no discharge in her mouth either. I don't want to overly stress her by manhandling her but from the brief look i've had the colour inside her mouth doesn't seem in any way unusual either.

Has anyone ever seen this before, am i being overly paranoid?

Obviously we will keep her warm overnight and monitor to see if it gets any worse but any advice or proir experience would be appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
If your tortoise is gapping regularly with the mouth, I would suggest a visit to a tortoise vet.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's constantly open a tiny bit and she's been like that for at least an hour now?

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
If this is not normal for your tortoise, then I would take the tort to a vet. It could be something or nothing. But better to be safe than sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts