Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying this male 'snow' I would like some opinions of the experienced corn keepers please. I have been made aware of a couple of small fat deposits already......

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh you are backing up what I thought, he is supposed to be a good eater, but to me he seens thin, I am waiting on his weight and some other details I have asked, I have not met him in the flesh yet, an although he is only £30 I am just a bit sceptical :?
hense posting here.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Is it just me or is there a lot of yellow in that snow?Some nice zig-zagging too but I think too under weight.I think there's either something wrong with it,the owner can't be bothered to look after it or is a breeder male thats been keep way too lean for breeding.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
what i thought could be fat deposits at the base of the tail , well with them new pictures i would just say he is just under fed.
could well be a male breeder that has just been under fed, i no of a few people that do that and its a bloody shame, their are a lot of breeders that will feed the females up lovely but dont bother with the males, and also males can and will fast for quite a long time though the mating season.

he is quite a nice looker.

i would still want to see it if it was me purchasing.

Paul.

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh yes I will see it in the flesh before making a decision, trouble is now I want to get him to fatten him up LOL !
it will mean setting up a viv in the bedroom to keep him away from the others as I have no room in my Q space, not sure what hubby would think of that 8)

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
not sure what the big deal is really.. thats a very nice snake and a real good price.
i had a snake like that, and i admit i am giving it away, but theres really ni major problems there.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I agree,definatly underfed.I bought a pair of florida kings a few years ago and the female was big and healthy but the male was triangular in cross section a bit like that one but much worse.I was told he was a picky feeder but he was just starved! They came from a very reputable breeder too!
He will probably be ok with a decent feeding regime but as mentioned i would have a good look in the flesh first.

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Nige, and everyone :D
I just wanted a cross section of opinions, he looked thin to me and I am the first to admit that I am not experienced enough to be 100% sure of my own opinion !!

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
it is a bit underweight, but there might just be a simple reason for that.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
it does look under weight but with regular feeding you could get that sorted and some males are buggar to get feeding again after breeding season I have a ghost that feed once after coming out of cooling would not fed at all during mating period and is just getting back into feeding now.

i would buy it £30 is a good price considering i has an interesting pattern

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i wouldnt bother hibernating him, keep him pumped for the next few months, track his weight say weekly, he will gain if he is not ill.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts