Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my 2021 pairings with a female Lesser Pastel and a male Pastave Enchi. Of the three introductions I never witnessed any locks or interest form the young male, so my proven Lesser Platinum was paired with multiple locks.

I got 9 eggs and 9 healthy hatchlings which have all had their first shed... but there is one that stands out as different form the rest...

I have two lesser platinum's - one is shown below.

Brown Snake Terrestrial animal Fashion accessory Pattern

By comparison here's a lesser pastel form the same clutch

Eye Human body Jaw Gesture Art

This has much lighter yellow, lighter blushing on the dark dorsal patches, more white around the mouth and a lighter head stamp.

Now here comes the one that's confusing me...

Snake Reptile Scaled reptile Terrestrial animal Serpent

The markings are more cream than the yellow of the two lessers, the alien heads seem very reduced and floating or merging. The image doesn't really do it justice, but this is so different to anything I've produced before. My gut feeling is that either the Pastave Enchi did lock and either sired the clutch, or I have a dual sired clutch and this is a Mojave ?

By comparison here is the only normal form the clutch

Snake Scaled reptile Reptile Terrestrial animal Pattern

And the only Pastel

Head Snake Reptile Scaled reptile Terrestrial animal

The others are easy to identify (sorta) as they are BELS.... but they could be super lesser if the lesser was the sire, or lesser mojave if the Pastave enchi got lucky !

Comments please !

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One comment I've received via email from a UK breeder is that in his opinion yellow belly could be at play in the first image. None of the parents were advertised as having yellow belly / poss yellow belly in them... but I guess anything is possible these days ?

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's three weeks since they exited the eggs and it's clear to see that #5 is a lesser.

The Odds Gods were certainly looking down on me this season.... 2 x BEL (poss pastel), 2 x Lesser, 3 x Lesser Pastel, 1 Pastel and only 1 Normal, and all but one of the Lessers are strike feeding on defrost, but it won't belong before the last one takes as its very defensive, striking the mouse repeatedly and even coiled once but let go after...Not a bad result for only the second feeding attempt :)

All have been reserved, so please don't ask if they are available. Around January / February, when all have had their second shed I'll sex them and then let them go to their new owners... with full feeding, weight, and genetic reports curtesy of Reptiware :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts