Reptile Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesssss.........

This morning we find our gift from one of the O.p. coxi females :roll2:

Excuse the quality of the photo, I was concentrating on the fact that this lady had, not yet, finished laying (see bulge bottom right of photo):

Yeeehaw :mf_dribble:

Regards. Lex

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have been considering a ribbon snake but after the picture of that beautiful lady I'm considering otherwise. :mf_dribble:

congratulations and good luck with the rest :no1:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Congratulations. I have always wanted a thai red, they're gorgeous!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Thats gorgeous! Good luck with the hatchlings.

Think youve just made me change my mind for Donny. Not only going for corns and kings anymore. Im going and finding the most gorgeous snake I can afford to start a breeding pattern with instead :D

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congratulations. Is this her first time?

I know very little about these, how many eggs do they normally lay?
Yup,

This is the 1st year that we have bred this species.

Therefore, cannot state specifically how many eggs are the 'norm'. However, she has provided 7 eggs :mf_dribble:

One egg was deposited rather late in the evening so not sure on it's viability, however, this clutch was much larger than I expected.......thinkin' 3 maybe 4 eggs would be a good 1st time clutch.

Cheers. Lex

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have been considering a ribbon snake but after the picture of that beautiful lady I'm considering otherwise. :mf_dribble:

congratulations and good luck with the rest :no1:
Ha, ha.......

Ya,

Don't think I fancy the feeding habits of the Thamnophis though!

Cheers. Lex

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congratulations. I have always wanted a thai red, they're gorgeous!!
neil1978 said:
Stunning

:2thumb:
Thanks folks,

It's been a short period of waiting for these kids.

Three years until the female was suitably mature, that's not too bad a project.

Lex

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thats gorgeous! Good luck with the hatchlings.

Think youve just made me change my mind for Donny. Not only going for corns and kings anymore. Im going and finding the most gorgeous snake I can afford to start a breeding pattern with instead :D
Yup,

The beauty of these 'guys' is that they do retain the high red & contrasting black stripe from hatchling to adult - there is a hint of adult reduced colouration, but, not sufficiently so that you would fail to notice them when mature :crazy:

As for your change of heart........remember the corns & king snakes are very popular for a good reason ;)

Cheers. Lex

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
good luck mate, remmeber me when it come's to selling babie's if you decide to sell any!
Ya,

Not so sure how many will be available as there are 2.2 on pre-order.

Thanks for the offer. I shall let ya know when I have determined the gender ratio ;)

Cheers. Lex

1 - 18 of 18 Posts