Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, well as you know I have too many snakes so only a matter of time before one gets me. Been over a year since last bite not including hatchlings as they dont break the skin.

So last night was feeding night, all going well, one royal decided she didnt want her rat but had dragged it all the way into her hide, using 40cm long feeding tongs I tried to retrieve it and got this for my troubles.

This was the attacker, she still has that glint in her eye, she is only a 800g pastel female, thankfully not one of my bigger girls.

Took about a few mins to get her off but camera was not in easy reach. She managed to get two fingers and right around the joint too. Anyway thought I would share the mini gore with you. :lol2:

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
Pretty pastel
dont fancy letting me look after her for you :whistling2:

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
Well if she does it again anytime soon then maybe :devil: :lol2:
ooooo
I dont mind the fiesty ones its the OH who usually gets struck at rather than me hehe
I want first refusal mind!!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
lol, she has a cheeky face!

·
Registered
186 Posts
aw bless, she looks so innocent :lol2: i asked my OH to hold the top end of my male dumeril the other day while i checked a mark i thought i'd seen on his belly. next thing i know i'm holding the snake by the tail and OH is jumping up and down shoutin, covered in blood.
good old viking had nailed him right in the face! actually getting him inside his upper lip and just under his eye!!! ouch!

·
Registered
10,619 Posts
reckon you should've re-tried her with the rat... sounds like she was waiting for "it" to move...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts