Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are our new Gecko's :D They are very sweet and have settled in great!

First one is my female albino she is about 6 months old.

Next is my Blizzard male, he is about a year.

Any ideas for names?? :?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think this best explains what she is Nat.

Tremper Strain:

Tremper albinos were the first of the albino strains to hit the market, and are by far the most common. Tremper albinos have the unfortunate stereotype of being dark (often brown), which is likely more a factor of incubation temperature than genetics. (See section on the effect of incubation temperature on coloration). I have seen Tremper albinos that are so dark that I have had to question whether they were indeed albinos at all! Some breeders market these darker Trempers as the “Mocha Strain”. However, I have seen (and own) plenty of Tremper albinos that are bright white or pink, certainly not deserving of the brown stereotype.

Eye color is variable between Tremper albinos, ranging from slightly lighter than a “normal” (non-albino) leopard gecko eye, to bright, bright red in young animals incubated at a high temperature (90 degrees F). I have observed the red eye color of young animals often changes as the animal ages to the normal beige color of the typical Tremper albino.

:)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He is gorgeous, wouldnt mind a few more like him! He's great to handle too, but very vocal! :lol:

·
Registered
61 Posts
our new geckos

Hi Sarah, it is very reassuring to hear about your vocal blizzard. I have a female blizzard and a male blazing blizzard - both should go on the X Factor and try to get a recording contract - the male especially liokes the sound of his own voice and stomps round his viv like Mr Angry. Best wishes from Lynne.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol Lynne
Yes its the male that is very vocal! Especially when he is being handled, dont think he is used to being picked up at all and grumps at you till you put him down, but he very very sweet! You can meet him tomorow when you pick up your Hypo girl :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey PinkSnake, beauty geckos..

but...i have to do 2 corrections :?

The first gecko is not an albino, it's really a hypomelanistic...which mean the melanin pigment is very reduced - if it was a real albino, it'd have a total lack of black pigment(melanin) and his eyes would be red...and yours has too much melanin.

The second one...yes it's a blizzard...though its a Midnight Blizzard!
If it was simply a blizzard, it would be patternless,and had the lack of melanin (black pigment) and yellow pigment - a totally white gecko.
But, this one has melanin... so, there is it...a grey patternless leo!!

I hope you understood me, my english is not the best... :oops:

Cheers...

This is a real blizzard - really beauty, don't u agree?

and this is a real albino...

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
sorry to piss on your bon fire mate but she is albino,as she was brought from a gecko breeder who assured the person we got her from that she indeed IS albino.to be honest we dnt really give a flying hoot,my wife bought her because she like's her.not because of a phase name,as for the blizzard..it's a blizzard right? did she ask what kind of blizzard it was?she was posting photo's of her new lizards,not looking for advice or someone to contradict what she was writting.and if you had bothered to read the post she sent earlier they DONT have to have red eye's.and to be honest your pic of the"albino" looks like it dont have red eye's either.the camera shot of our ALBINO isn't the greatest.i aint no david bailey.so step off ya high horse and have a taquila!!!

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
and just for the record,we have just recieved and e-mail from an american breeder who HAS confirmed that our albino gecko is infact a tremper albino gecko,just like sarah said in the previous posts.so black snake if you would like a copy of this e-mail i will gladly send you a copy. :lol:

·
Registered
86 Posts
What an agressivity mate!! :lol:
I would also comprehend all that if you write it nicely, do you know? :wink:
not because of a phase name,as for the blizzard..it's a blizzard right? did she ask what kind of blizzard it was?
I just gave an information...isn't that welcomed??Well, I suppose not...
Is the midnight blizzard the same as a normal blizzard?? Well, i guess not...anyway...

she was posting photo's of her new lizards,not looking for advice or someone to contradict what she was writting.
I just gave my opinion of what I thought they were...is that a crime?? Then, you corrected me (though not in a nice way), and if you assure me that are those phases, i agree...Capicce??
But...why the reaction over the top?? Did your football club lost? :lol:
I bet that if you wanted to, you could have written a good response to my post, with no agressivity, no weird expressions (just as "so step off ya high horse and have a taquila!!!"), etc...

and just for the record,we have just recieved and e-mail from an american breeder who HAS confirmed that our albino gecko is infact a tremper albino gecko,just like sarah said in the previous posts.so black snake if you would like a copy of this e-mail i will gladly send you a copy.
Whats the propose of this last post you wrote?? Did I ask you to justify anything?

and to be honest your pic of the"albino" looks like it dont have red eye's either
You may take away the apostrophes... That one I showed you is certainly an albino.

It's fun how you can easily mix argue with personal offenses...It's a CLEAR sign of intelligence...
And...some education is sometimes apreciated, mate... :wink:
I don't know you personally, my confidence with you is 0, and I don't think that your kind of speech was the most correct...
Just my opinion...

Cheers...

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
eh? did my team lost?yes they did but who cares about that?its only a game...from what i see your team didnt win either.in your 1st post you said you "have to do 2 correction's"..firstly you didnt have to do anything,if my wife's word wasnt good enough then you show a lack of respect.i'm sorry if i have offended you,but she wasnt looking for advice.like i said before she was showing her new gecko's she had just bought.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Lovely looking lizards u got there. :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
eh? did my team lost?yes they did but who cares about that?its only a game...from what i see your team didnt win either
It was just a joke mate...I don't even know your team, and if my own team lost or not, it's the same to me...I'm not a great supporter of what football is. Anyway...

if my wife's word wasnt good enough then you show a lack of respect.
With all respect mate,but your wife's word is on this page... http://www.geckosetc.com/htm/genetics.htm
Did she wrote that? That's the exactly same text...

i'm sorry if i have offended you,but she wasnt looking for advice.
Offending is not a very good response when you had good arguments to expose your ideas... :wink:

J.R.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi there,
I am Stupacs wife.

"With all respect mate,but your wife's word is on this page... http://www.geckosetc.com/htm/genetics.htm
Did she wrote that? That's the exactly same text.."

No I never wrote these words, or did I say that I had, I was simply trying to explain to a fellow forum member exactly what strain of Albino Gecko I have, in the words of the actual person (Steve Sykes, Geckos etc.) that confirmed to me personally that indeed I do have a Tremper Albino.
I am flattered by your obvious great interest in my Geckos and your continual posting on the matter, and I am sure that you will wait with bated breath in the future for my further posts regarding my Geckos, that were also admired tonight in the flesh by yet another fellow forum member and Gecko breeder.
I must also thank all of the other forum members that have admired my Albino and Blizzard Geckos and thank them for thier kind comments and private messages.
I never knew posting a few pictures of my animals would cause such worldwide interest and controversy! :lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts