Reptile Forums banner

41 - 60 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Yeah it's pretty easy with 2 people. Cheers for the idea mate, mines running great. You have to screw it to the wall or it's pretty wobbly

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I’ve just employed to a guy who is a chippie so I’m considering getting him to build me a customised rack but if not then I think I’ll be getting one of these sorted out.

·
Registered
572 Posts
have you used one length of heat cable for the whole rack ? and then just plug that into the stat ?

Reactions: splimmy

·
Registered
5,930 Posts
I’ve just employed to a guy who is a chippie so I’m considering getting him to build me a customised rack but if not then I think I’ll be getting one of these sorted out.
Ive just had a guy make and fit a tidy rack for my van and he's making a number of boxes that will fit 2 of the 12" cube exo's with hoods for dispalys that i do, so im thinking although i like the pax rack i might get him to make something instead. Least this thread has be thinking. cheers guys.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I reckon with a good chippie you will make the same thing for real cheap. Even without a chippie you can make it cheaper. Good luck mate. Post some pics up when you do.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Looks good, given me something to think about.

Did your total cost include the tubs or not ?
I think I payed about £150 for the rack and 4 packs of 2 x shelves. That's including delivery which was £30.
tbh honest 50l RUBs are about £13, I always buy them from Argos cause it usually cheaper then ordering them online and pay delivery. I would always buy reptile stuff from Surrey reptile supplies cause they are really cheap. Also 888 reptiles which are a bit more expensive but their customer services are great in my experience. I payed for a hoverbator and cause they were out of stock and were not gonna get any more for a few months, they gave me the Exo terra incubator, 2 hatchling boxes and a big bag of vermiculite. Also they sorted me out a decent looking normal royal for a good price.
Just remember the bottom of the rack can be used as a shelf

·
Registered
22 Posts
How did you make the groves for the heat cable? :2thumb:

Reactions: splimmy
41 - 60 of 153 Posts