Reptile Forums banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hi back of the units have air vents on each level, and the ikea tubs are topless and also have air holes along the rear, plus the unit stands of the wall a bit to help.
So far in the winter I keep doors closed but in the recent hot weather I have left 1 door open.
I did not build the unit a company called farrows in bristol made it, they have made both my units.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
anyone made a 9ltr hatchling version if so how many tubs does it hold

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Very nice work there:2thumb:

·
Registered
240 Posts
you can still buy these wardrobes. I bought 1 about 3 weeks ago. have just put my first 2 snakes in it. bought it when I had the cash spare. then got 2 nice royals yesterday to put in it :)

mine cost £132 in all but I bought a drw for the bottom to keep bits and bobs in for cleaning and feeding etc etc ...

·
Registered
988 Posts
Has anyone had heat problems in the ikea and cable racks if there not in a rep room if so can you buy some sort of door to fit on the front

·
Registered
240 Posts
I heat mine on heat mats. generally works pretty well although I think I need to purchase a pulse stat as mine is on an on/off stat so the temp goes up and down a fair bit. otherwise works good :)

I wouldn't put doors on it though cos I think it would really compromise the air flow.

·
Registered
988 Posts
was size cables are people using for there ikea racks im looking to buy 2 cables for a 236 rack so trying to work out what size i need any ideas please guys looking to do 2 or 3 lines on each shelf
thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
was size cables are people using for there ikea racks im looking to buy 2 cables for a 236 rack so trying to work out what size i need any ideas please guys looking to do 2 or 3 lines on each shelf
thanks
I would of thought 2 15m cables would be more than enough for 2 lines per shelf. ive seen it on ebay for about £20 each I think ....

141 - 153 of 153 Posts