• no

Votes: 4 12.9%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok bit of a rant and a idea.

Ive seen a few eggs on here posting on thread from a few years back and its starting to do my head it, as you know its going to be sold and now that thread is bumped up, and its not even for sale any more.

I think there should be a 6month limit on the threads, if its not sold in 6months it should be closed or deleted.

What do you think?

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
who's going to close them all?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i was thinking this

it could be

1. Mods
2. Section Mods
3. Let us close are own threads without paying the subscription.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Or the other thing to do would be to let people close their own threads, and after so long send them an email like preloved dose.

If your ad on preloved is over so many weeks you get an email saying you need to update your ads.

So after a few months you get an email, like the ones you get if you have a message or if you subscribe to a thread, saying something like is this sold or not, but a bit nicer then that lol

·
Registered
13,487 Posts
TBH they don't bother me to much , But then again I read the thread including the date it was made the location of the poster and the price of the animal, so I don't have to ask silly questions like how much is it? or where are you located? etc
It's amazing the info you can pick up if you actually read a post properly.

·
Registered
635 Posts
is this just for the classifieds or other threads? because i get annoyed when people ask questions over and over again :/

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
Well i was thinking this

it could be

1. Mods
2. Section Mods
3. Let us close are own threads without paying the subscription.

there's 207,281 threads in the classifieds. So minus the ones in 'chat' etc.. there's still far too many threads to expect unpaid helpers to close when they get to 6 months old... unless you want them to take holidays from their paid jobs to do it.

we could change option 3 to: pay the subscription and they can close their own threads

if somebody bumps a very old thread asking if it's still available then they should get an infraction for being a bellend.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Don't think a thread needs to be closed. It should only take the seller saying its been sold to stop it being necro'd later on.

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
Don't think a thread needs to be closed. It should only take the seller saying its been sold to stop it being necro'd later on.

you'd think so. but a lot of the newbies will read the first post and then hit reply.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I agree, of its sold the seller should say so and problem solved. on an airgun forum I belong to the sales threads are moved to another section called "sales graveyard" when are sold or if they haven't had a post in a certain length of time, couple of months I think. we still get the odd plonker asking if its still available.

best thing is to not get bothered by it. if you think about it, it doesn't make any difference to you does it? and for the questions that are asked over n over, well, just don't read them. at the end of the day most people enjoy chatting about their topics on here not just read other peoples conversations. there will always be newbies and they will always be asking newbie questions and indeed make mistakes with the dates

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On the help and chat bit im not botherd, but on the classifieds when is years old even if someone reads the first post the date is still on it.

It was just an idea and if its not do able then thats fine, i will leave it lol

thanks for all the comments, just wish people would read the read the thread and see the bloody date on it

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I agree there should be a bellend infraction for it always the same i start looking for something and the eggs have been out in force bumping old threads

1 - 15 of 15 Posts