Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obesity seems to be a big problem with domesticated snakes as they just can't say no to food! But how do you tell if a snake is overweight?
Its not like you can make them walk up a flight of stairs and see if they're out of breath when they reach the top is it! :lol:
I've been told my darling Legs (nelsons milk) is in fab condition by my trustee vet but with no comparisons I wouldn't really know what to look for in future (just in case)
Any tips?
x Thanks in advance x

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
fat

i had a rehomed corn once that was really over weight.when they get (overweight) at their vent it seems to over flow with fat if you knwo what i mean.just before the vent it seens to have like bulges the only way i can try draw it is this lol
=====B=--- if that makes any sence to you lol.if your snake looks over weeight you will see what i mean when you look at its vent:)
ill try upload some piics of a overwieght snake:)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
yup....think fatty hips here ....jeans too tight at waist ( hmmmm snake in jeans lol ) at vent

Take care

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Strangely enough i understood the diagram :lol: but some pictures would still be useful
x Thanks guys x

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
lol phew i thought i would end up looking like a total looney and then i read the part about snakes in jeans :D lol i fit in here lol!!!

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! *looks at forum messages* by the way I managed to get hold of some images of obese snakes and now I completely understand how difficult it is to describe! :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
lol, as ya can see in my pics she is just bulky and has no fatty deposits, anuva sign (which can be seem on my snkae is that the scales look stretched adn do not over lap as they should do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts