Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not posted anything in a while cause everything was fine with Ozzy. But I took him to the vet last week on Friday to check out a lump he's got in his mouth, Turns out he's got an abscess and he's on baytril for 10 days. He's only got another two days to go on the baytril. But since the vet visit he's been lethargic, his beards been black 24/7 even when he sleeps, his breathing is quite heavy and irregular, his eyes are either shut or half open and he won't eat. The vet suggested feeding him wax worms after not eating after 5 days. On Wednesday [2.11.11] the threw up a locust that he kinda ate on Friday. And yesterday I fed him 3 wax worms and this morning I decided to mush them up and feed him them since he didn't chew the last ones and he bought them back up. Could this be a side effect of the baytril or is there something else wrong with my boy? I'm worried sick and the vet isn't open till 9pm tonight so I can't phone her and get any help :'( Please help me help my boy :'(

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
are you not from dundee if i mind right? if so what vet did you go to as there aint a reptile vet up here. most people i know up here use chris allison's up in arbroath but i do know there is one in dundee with a little reptile knowledge but not much

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in Hamilton. Not far from Glasgow and my vets is 10 minutes from my house by bus but she isn't an expert either. She just knows the basics. I'm thinking Ozzy needs to be referred to Alistair in Falkirk! I just want my boy to get better but he's just been getting worse..

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I'm in Hamilton. Not far from Glasgow and my vets is 10 minutes from my house by bus but she isn't an expert either. She just knows the basics. I'm thinking Ozzy needs to be referred to Alistair in Falkirk! I just want my boy to get better but he's just been getting worse..

ahh sorry dude i had it my head you were from dundee for some reason good luck with the wee guy though.

iv been lucky so far and not needed treatment but from what iv read baytril does put them off there food but its all i know really

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahh sorry dude i had it my head you were from dundee for some reason good luck with the wee guy though.

iv been lucky so far and not needed treatment but from what iv read baytril does put them off there food but its all i know really
It's ok. Thanks for your help anyways x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts