Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum,

I bred my P Cambridgei March 2012, introduced male and female a couple times & appeared successful both occasions. Female proceeded to put on weight steadily until she began to look almost uncomfortably gravid. Nothing further since! The male died quite some time ago now & the female has almost no appetite. She has neither showed signs of making a sac or an impending molt.

Any ideas out there on the maximum gestation of the species? I have read reports of other species being bred & only constructing their sac two years later, could this be the case? I've provided adequate conditoins for creating a sac including an upturned coconut husk suspended well off the floor of the enclosure, I utilise proper day night cycles and humidity & ventilation should be optimal. Pretty stumped.

Just Add Pete

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
One of ours went to 8 months and produced a sac. Then we managed to get another one out of her taking her to a year since she was mated lol. Keep feeding her up and spraying her well every couple of weeks. You will notice her webbing change and start looking almost like candy floss and that is your queue to leave her alone

·
Premium Member
9,692 Posts
15 months ago?

Ive not known a Psalmopeous to go that long.

However, an upturned coconut husk is no encouragement for producing a sac, you want a wide tube so that she can get out of the darkness. Considering the husk, perhaps you could provide a photo of the enclosure as its sounding like the fault is there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts