Reptile Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 2" OBT at the weekend, and after finally getting a glimpse of the thing out of it's 'volcano' burrow last night, it's not very orange/red at all.

It's more brown with a goldy/yellow on it's abdomen. Making me think it's probably TCF (BBT?).

Does anyone have pics of TCF/NCF P.murinus slings to share so i can compare? The colour variations are crazy in these and i must admit i'm slightly disappointed i don't have a ginger ninja :)

If it's gonna try and kill me i'd at least prefer it to be pretty. And less camouflage!

·
Registered
723 Posts
I picked up a 2" OBT at the weekend, and after finally getting a glimpse of the thing out of it's 'volcano' burrow last night, it's not very orange/red at all.

It's more brown with a goldy/yellow on it's abdomen. Making me think it's probably TCF (BBT?).

Does anyone have pics of TCF/NCF P.murinus slings to share so i can compare? The colour variations are crazy in these and i must admit i'm slightly disappointed i don't have a ginger ninja :)

If it's gonna try and kill me i'd at least prefer it to be pretty. And less camouflage!
I have a sling obt about an inch, and he's brown with a ginger bum! No decent pictures, but hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine's looks definitely more gold, but i think it might be in pre-moult so i'll see what it looks like after a shed and maybe some more colour will come through.

If it's TCF then at least i have something unusual :2thumb:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Why not upload a picture and let us have a look.. :devil:

From what I've seen mine have always been quite orange since they were small, but that might just be me.

·
Registered
831 Posts
think its a normal thing :whistling2: i got a sling arrive last week and it already molted it was dark with a orange bum now its gone orange :D

·
Registered
723 Posts
That's true, maybe he's just in premolt, don't they go darker even when they're adults if they're in premolt :hmm:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Same here. My adult OBT's have never shown any discernible change in colour or tone before molting.
I must have heard wrong about the colour changing then :lol2: mine's only a sling so wouldn't be able to tell aha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Would love to get a pic of it, but only saw it out of it's burrow twice. Mostly see just some legs peeking out, or nothing at all. It's built this cool volcano structure and seems to have a tunnel extending underneath.

Planning to rehouse it tonight, when i got it last weekend the tank was way too wet and even had mould in it :( I've replaced all the substrate i can just now but since i reckon it's in pre-moult not sure if it's better rehousing asap (and hope i don't disturb it while moulting, i have no idea what's going in that burrow and haven't seen any legs poking out in 2 days) or wait until i get a glimpse and i'm sure it's not moulting, or has already moulted, before moving it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Other opinions may differ, but I would say move it once it has shed, it will probably spin a silk platform to moult on, which helps keep it safe from nasty mouldy type stuff, then I'd re-house it after, new and fresh! Perhaps keep it a bit more on the dry side, with a coca cola bottle top for a water dish...

I'm not sure about OBT slings, although I'd go by what the other guys say, in that it will become more colourful as it grows :)

Different thing, I know, but I got a 2inch H mac, which just looked brown and boring at first, but this is what she looks like now :) She's just been sold on to a good home as it happens...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah will get new tank set up tonight then wait till i next get a glimpse of it before rehousing. Could just be hiding out and still stressed after the move.

That H.mac is gorgeous!

Reactions: Adam B Jones

·
Registered
860 Posts
Yeah will get new tank set up tonight then wait till i next get a glimpse of it before rehousing. Could just be hiding out and still stressed after the move.

That H.mac is gorgeous!

Cheers, she now belongs to Reeceinleeds, his collection is exploding at a fair rate, mine was supposed to be decreasing, although I seem to have aqquired a few more ! ; )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.