Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never couriered before but somoene has arranged one their end .. can anyone give me some advice on how to pack the reptile - is there somewhere you can buy those insulated boxes and single heat packs? I have some of the breathable bag things that bulk crickets & livestock usually gets delivered in (for me anyway) but not a box or the heat pack thingies.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have never couriered before but somoene has arranged one their end .. can anyone give me some advice on how to pack the reptile - is there somewhere you can buy those insulated boxes and single heat packs? I have some of the breathable bag things that bulk crickets & livestock usually gets delivered in (for me anyway) but not a box or the heat pack thingies.

I dont know where to get a polybox but the heat pads i have seen are called
UniHeat, I'm going to oreder some soon incase of a power cut :)

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
If you dont have a poly box then a cardboard will do (you can get one most places like a post office)

Line the box with thick polystyrene sheeting from B&Q. Ensure the top is thickest.

Line the bottom of the box with shredded paper then place the heat pad on top of that. Animal on top of heatpad then pack around and on top of the animal with more shredded paper.

·
Registered
25,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.. thought about it some more and am just going to spend the extra time and drive, ok.. so it's 4 hours.. but a bit too nervous about losing reps because I packaged it badly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts