Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon to be getting a lovely triple gene male Retic (dwarf), hes a Sunfire, genetic stripe, het albino. Hes only a wee one, this years baby, so im looking at prices and different morphs of females that will produce good offspring with him at a later stage. Sadly I'm learning as I go with the morphs and trying my best to create the strongest most viable babies, with out muddying any decent lines. Can any one advise some of the better combo's to put him to, single double or triple gene. Any general info is welcome.
This will be my first breeding with Tics and the largest of any snake I've previously bred. Info on incubating, temps etc ill take with open arms. I have a few years to learn before i jump in and start with out the right knowledge.
... ready.. steady... GO! fill my brain with good stuffs please :)

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
As the genetic stripe is a recessive gene, you'll be wanting to pair your man with either a visual GS, or a het. To make the most of the het albino, you'll also want to pair him to a visual albino or het.

As a suggestion, I'd be looking at maybe a tiger genetic stripe het albino, an albino tiger het genetic stripe, or another combination of those genes.

Possible "highest" morph outcome would be an albino suntiger genetic stripe.

I think Thomas (Royal1) will have some genetic stripe combinations soon, but I can't recall what his pairings were.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Something albino or het albino and GS or het GS at least.
Then anything else dom or co-dom you like the look of will add to the mix :2thumb:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As the genetic stripe is a recessive gene, you'll be wanting to pair your man with either a visual GS, or a het. To make the most of the het albino, you'll also want to pair him to a visual albino or het.

As a suggestion, I'd be looking at maybe a tiger genetic stripe het albino, an albino tiger het genetic stripe, or another combination of those genes.

Possible "highest" morph outcome would be an albino suntiger genetic stripe.

I think Thomas (Royal1) will have some genetic stripe combinations soon, but I can't recall what his pairings were.
cheers very much luv, thats great :)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
have a look at what Susan (UK Exotics on here) has to offer. She produces some lovely little Retics including visual albinos and multiple hets. My little male is het for Albino and GS and is growing like a weed.

She has quite a few photos of her youngsters in the Reticulated Python thread.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
have a look at what Susan (UK Exotics on here) has to offer. She produces some lovely little Retics including visual albinos and multiple hets. My little male is het for Albino and GS and is growing like a weed.

She has quite a few photos of her youngsters in the Reticulated Python thread.
Cheers dude, will do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts