Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gecko was ill awile back with what i thought were paracities, i took her to the vet he gave her a small does of panacure and water, she was then fine for a while now she has gone skinny on the tail again and has the black marks in her tummy again, Does anyone know the right dose to give her, and y she would keep getting them? Her tank is ultra clean and she seems ok in herself! thanks for any advice! Laura

·
Banned
4,175 Posts
Hi Laura, hope your babies are ding well

If you have cleaned the viv out with a good reptile disinfectant and she is on her own, then there are two possibles.

Cross infection, can happen if your other one has parasite but has them under control. Get a good hand sanatizer and use b4 and afer handling her.

Food. Its has been known that crickets carry parasites and worms, so if poss get a fresh tub, even better from a different supplier, there are a few online sellers like live foods.

Also, as mentioned above, sometimes it takes more than one dose to clear them, I suggest, if your happy to do this, a 0.05ml dose every other day for 6 days, ie 3 doses. Then give her a rest.

If there still seems to be no improvement, take her back to the vet with a fresh poo sample so they can do a float on it and confirm what parasite it is, panacur is good, but not for all parasites

Good luck

Tony

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks tony will try that how long do i leave her to rest for or do i just leave her and see if it works ok?
Babys are doing great, they are so fast and so cute! Can you send over the birth certificate things thanks!

·
Banned
4,175 Posts
Hi

Once the treatment is done, leave her for as long as you need to see if there is a marked change.

Also, you could try upping the temp, to say 95 and maybe even up the hot spot to 104 . this sometimes kickstarts the appitite. maybe worth getting a tub of 4th locust as well.

One of mine was loosing weight so we moved him to a hotter viv, and now he stalks the locust and scoffs it up with no problems

If your really worried, pop him back to the vet so he can do the float on the poo to see whats really there.

As for the hatch certs, I have have a meeting cancelled in Nottingham this weekend, so intend to get these all done then. Will keep you updated

Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts