Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My landlord came around this morning to see if everthing was ok. When I moved into this flat he said pets are ok as long as they are caged, and not cats, dogs ect. He came into my living room and when he saw my collection of exotics he was like WOW! He was very impressed with them and I gave him a good peek at a few, I even let him hold my corn. But after all that he started getting all paranoid that they are going to attract pests. I told him that they are clean animals, I look after them very well and make sure there is nothing that would attract vermin. He is still ok with it but he is getting a little paranoid about it.

In my opinion snakes and arachnids are more likely to stop pests as they are their natural preditors. I have never looked into this, does anyone know if I'm right? Or could they cause pests? If so what can I do to stop pests being attracted in the first place?

·
Registered
407 Posts
well tbh i would have thought that wouldnt attract pests but do the opposit there have been alot of cases (usually not in england) were pest control teams use snakes to get rid of pests so i would personally say you shouldnt have to worry about it to much snakes are generally pretty clean animals and as long as u leave nothing about that could attract them you should be in the clear :)

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
As long as there is no food left around for pets to feed on you shouldn't have a problem with pests. Personally if I was a landlord I'd be more worried about the state the kitchen was because that, if not kept clean, is where pests are most likely to arise! :lol:

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well its a good job he never went into the kitchen then isn't it? lol :roll:

G

·
In all honesty and although i can not prove it,My wife used to live in a house in London that had mice.She was forever catching them in traps dotted around the house.When i moved in with her and took my snakes in we never saw another mouse in the house.Whether this was because she had caught and killed them all with the mouse traps or they could smell the snakes and realise there were predators around we do not know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts