Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 5.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone forgets/ignores your birthday but then organizes a birthday party for themselves and invites you along, do you:

(a) make up an excuse and not go
(b) go but don't bring anything
(c) go and bring a card at least or
(d) take the higher moral ground and bring a present also?

Votes and opinions please. :hmm:

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
a - miss a party because you're sulking?
b - my choice for any party because i'm a bloke
c - i don't do cards at the best of times
d - only if she's fit

So a B for me.

·
Banned
9,811 Posts
Pretend you've died.

·
Registered
13,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
d - only if she's fit
Very fit - part-Turkish but as it's my sister-in-law, that would be just wierd...:whistling2:

·
Registered
13,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
13,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Life is too short... take a gift and then drop a hint or 2 about them missing your big day!!
That was an idea of mine but how do you do that without coming across as a complete bee-atch?? :blush:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Take a present but write the tag as if it is from them to you instead of you to them.

See if they get the hint.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
for dropping a hint when they either show you some of there presents theve already got lie and say i got one just like that for my birthday last week not to bitchy i dont think

·
Registered
13,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
for dropping a hint when they either show you some of there presents theve already got lie and say i got one just like that for my birthday last week not to bitchy i dont think
Oh I like that. I could just refer to one of the presents and say "so and so got me one just like that..." : victory:

·
Registered
13,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, my OH solved my dilemma by buying a card and a bottle of champagne. That way, we didn't arrive empty handed so my conscience was clear but I still got to pout a bit. :whistling2:

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
JUst go and have fun ;)

·
Registered
13,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JUst go and have fun
Been and gone, it was on last night. : victory:

I had to laugh at my hubby though as I commented that I'd never seen such a load of bad bleach blonde dye jobs in my life i.e. major dark roots showing. He commented that they were "recessionary roots" i.e. the ladies in question couldn't afford the regular root top ups...:lol2:

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Been and gone, it was on last night. : victory:

I had to laugh at my hubby though as I commented that I'd never seen such a load of bad bleach blonde dye jobs in my life i.e. major dark roots showing. He commented that they were "recessionary roots" i.e. the ladies in question couldn't afford the regular root top ups...:lol2:

Whoops! Teach me for reading past the 1st post :blush:

Oh well, glad you had fun of sorts ;)

·
Registered
13,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh well, glad you had fun of sorts
I did, thanks. I didn't stay too long though as we couldn't get a babysitter so I left my 14 year old son in charge of his younger siblings for the hour or so that I was gone. Bless, he had them all in their pyjamas by the time I got back and the youngest was asleep on his lap. :flrt:

My brother-in-law just called up a few moments ago - he got to bed around 7 this morning!! He just found one of his mates asleep on the bathroom floor...so it was definitely a good party! :lol2:

·
Viva Le France.
18,842 Posts
Show up with a handgun, shoot everyone.

·
Registered
13,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts