Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone link me to any Pedigree dog rescues?
Had a google, but it brings up so much random stuff..
Around Birmingham would be good, but don't mind having to travel at all.

I'm looking for a King Charles Spaniel.

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Either to be honest. Had a Cavalier before, but either is fine.. Want one for the temperament.. Although I think cavaliers are slightly cuter in the face :D

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've contacted a few breeders too.. They don't have to be rescues but obviously if I can help one then that's better. I don't have alot to spend, more that my Sister wont let me spend much on them so we've agreed £200 tops. But if needs be, they will also add money.

Maybe I should say, this is a present from me for my Sister, her husband and my Niece for their birthdays. (June, July and august birthdays so can combine)

They had a CKCS but he died 18 months ago due to various birth defects he had :(

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You may find it difficult to get a dog through rescue as they won't deal through a 3rd party. You don't buy one, you adopt it and they would never let you adopt, then give it away to your sister. Your sister would have to sign the papers and agree to the terms and conditions.
Does your sister know she is getting one? Might it not be better for her to find the dog herself? I love all dogs but would be really annoyed if someone bought me one as a gift without giving me any chance to say whether I wanted one and not allow me to do the choosing.
Cavaliers are not problem dogs and as such, generally don't end up in rescue. You might be able to get hold of ex breeding dogs though.
Yes she knows lol. But because it's me getting it for her I wanna do all the leg work etc. I know they wont just give me a dog from a rescue, She will be with me if we find one. I live in a different county so can get a wider area to search rather than the tiny town in Shropshire which she lives.

I'm in touch with a breeder at the moment who has one left apparently, but as you may know.. there are lots of scammers out there so will see if I can go visit, if not, it's a scam.. and Im back to square one.

They have wanted one for a few months now so I have offered to pay for one etc as I think it would be a nice gift for their birthdays rather than socks lol.

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
completely off topic...buut oh my gosh that picture is absolutely gorgeous!:flrt: Reminds me of Zac (my old blenheim CKC :()
I had that picture made into a big canvas for my Sister's bday last year.. it was just a few month after he past away :( She cried when she opened it lol and it's now on her kitchen wall. Keira (My niece, pictured) always points up to it and says "Doggy" then blows kisses at him, she hardly remembers him though as she was just a baby..

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Shell :2thumb:

Thank you Fenwoman, I will have a look and register on those sites too. I have sent a few emails, some seem too good to be true so I'm thinking scams.. and I definitely wont be parting with any money before visiting a home and seeing the dogs. I've had an email about a price inclusive of "the delivery at your door".. Lol I'm not born yesterday, let me guess, you want the money first too? haha..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.