Reptile Forums banner

Pedigree Dog Rescues?

800 views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Brat 
#1 ·
Can anyone link me to any Pedigree dog rescues?
Had a google, but it brings up so much random stuff..
Around Birmingham would be good, but don't mind having to travel at all.

I'm looking for a King Charles Spaniel.

#8 ·
I've contacted a few breeders too.. They don't have to be rescues but obviously if I can help one then that's better. I don't have alot to spend, more that my Sister wont let me spend much on them so we've agreed £200 tops. But if needs be, they will also add money.

Maybe I should say, this is a present from me for my Sister, her husband and my Niece for their birthdays. (June, July and august birthdays so can combine)

They had a CKCS but he died 18 months ago due to various birth defects he had :(

#9 ·
I've contacted a few breeders too.. They don't have to be rescues but obviously if I can help one then that's better. I don't have alot to spend, more that my Sister wont let me spend much on them so we've agreed £200 tops. But if needs be, they will also add money.

Maybe I should say, this is a present from me for my Sister, her husband and my Niece for their birthdays. (June, July and august birthdays so can combine)

They had a CKCS but he died 18 months ago due to various birth defects he had :(
You may find it difficult to get a dog through rescue as they won't deal through a 3rd party. You don't buy one, you adopt it and they would never let you adopt, then give it away to your sister. Your sister would have to sign the papers and agree to the terms and conditions.
Does your sister know she is getting one? Might it not be better for her to find the dog herself? I love all dogs but would be really annoyed if someone bought me one as a gift without giving me any chance to say whether I wanted one and not allow me to do the choosing.
Cavaliers are not problem dogs and as such, generally don't end up in rescue. You might be able to get hold of ex breeding dogs though.

#15 ·
Thanks Shell :2thumb:

Thank you Fenwoman, I will have a look and register on those sites too. I have sent a few emails, some seem too good to be true so I'm thinking scams.. and I definitely wont be parting with any money before visiting a home and seeing the dogs. I've had an email about a price inclusive of "the delivery at your door".. Lol I'm not born yesterday, let me guess, you want the money first too? haha..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.