Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
go to homebase mate or any place that sells plants as it is for bedding plants and garden use mainly

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
b and q also sell it, but if you want to remortgage your house dont go there, as matt says try anywhere where they sell plants, another thing to try if you cant get hold of perlite is vermiculite as its basically the same stuff.....

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Maybe your a lazy shopper like me. so if you go to google uk and click on froogle, a few online places show up in there. I havent a clue what perlite is so cant tell you which is the best place to buy from :)

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
perlite and vermiculite is a substance which holds the water, its ideal for hanging baskets etc etc but most people use them for incubating eggs as like i said they both retain the water, you can get both perlite and vermiculite in various sizes, ie small grains ranging all the way to large grains

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Thanks for the info mutt. from the quick glimpses of info i saw on google I was under the impression it was volcanic rock :lol:

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
there is a website perlite.net which explains it in all its glory, after youve gone through the spiel and woken up it all becomes clear :lol:

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
they really both have there own website?? lol and yeh they are both basically volcanic rock heated really really hot and er...they turn into what u see...

Wilconsins sell both vermiculite and perlite very cheap, like £1 fpr 5 litres i think ,whereas at "the ranghe" its £4 for 10 litres.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
yeah they are full of interesting night time reading.....be careful you dont read too much of it though or you might slip into a boredom coma though :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts