Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4yr old corn has suddenly had a personality transplant. A few weeks ago she stopped eating, which is very unusual for her, but just presumed it was the Autumn months and she'd be back to her usual self in a couple of weeks. Five weeks later she's still not eaten and now goes into defensive mode any time I go near the viv. Ie. She'll rattle her tail so hard the viv will start to shake ;-) and she struck at me last night but hit the glass as I was attempting to open the door. Normally she is the softest thing going ?

Can this happen in the in the colder months and do you think she'll ever become her usual self ? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jonathan.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Mine's being weird too, stays hidden in the cool end all day (triple checked the temps, all OK), and is being really lazy when feeding, usually strikes and constricts, but acts like it can't be bothered, though still eating for now.

I've never brumated it, but it's around the time they would normally do this - would they try to do it themselves? Seek out cooler temps, go off food, and act defensivly if disturbed?

Thankfully mine's not as stroppy as yours sounds, but I'm wondering whether to stop offering food.

·
Banned
290 Posts
my big female went crazy like that. in the end i couldn't even get her out the viv and my hand was full of her teeth holes but at least she started eating , in the end i rehomed her but apparently she's still evil as hell

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm,

I hope she doesnt stay so fiesty. Its a huge shame as she has been such a docile thing up to date. Though I suppose its the quiet ones you have watch out for ;-)

Thanks for the Replies,

Jonathan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts