Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you already know, i have a 2 month old yemen chameleon named merlin.

I try to keep handling to a minimum, but regulary spot clean and when changing the paper kitchen towel tend to take him out so as not to knock his branches and plants about too much.

Hes a bit nervous when my hand initially goes into his home but once next to him he just walks onto my hand and lets me take him out. Once out he happily sits on my and and has a little walk up and down my arms.

In the one month i've had him, he's only hissed once and thats because i had to put my hand over him to stop him from falling. He generally seems quite placid and quite undisturbed by my handling.....do you think he will remain like this or do their characters change when they get older, is he going to turn into one grumpy old man or do you think if he's happy with handling from now he'll stay that way?

·
Registered
399 Posts
i would think he would stay like this.As long as your are gentle with him then he will now you mean him no harm.Good luck!

·
Registered
213 Posts
a friend of mine, have one yemen and i go to his house a lot of times..and i do exactly what u do..i put my and inside de terrarium and he cames to my hand;) very very nice:D and i'm not his boss:p he is very cute and i think your is going to be like this always since u been gentil with him;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts