Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pet Fancy Mice PICS

I'm going to have a few surplus young fancy mice (pets!! not edible!!) in a variety of colours, just opened their eyes at the moment but once fully weaned will be up for sale, they're a variety of colours, although I seem to be mostly throwing back albinos and all my champagne and fawns I was keeping back.

Wasn't expecting this litter, hence them being up for sale. I'll have males and females but would rather not sell them as breeding pairs unless you convince me you're responsible enough, I don't advocate live feeding or the inexperienced euthanasia of rodents, but I know a number of people here keep them as pets :smile:

Will post up some pics later when I count how many of the buggers I have spare and check their sexes.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
aaaaaaaaaw cant wait to see piccies...wat are theur temperments like, how much are you going to be charging?
Nat xx

·
Registered
25,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
£2 a mouse, and their temperements are pretty much like anything young - fast and jumpy at first but will certainly tame down a lot as they'll be going young. Will take me a while to photograph them all individually :smile: I don't even know how many there are at the moment but I wasn't planning on breeding any more until I get some more cages in about 8 weeks, not entirely sure how these ones slipped through.

The mother is an albino and the father is chocolate, the grandparents were champagne and albino, and the great grandparents were a mottled black/white and a chocolate.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Mini-house ferrets 0_0;; I always wanted white mice but my parents are crap scared of rodents (seriously, we babysat a gerbil for my friend one year, I think the livingroom was used maybe twice back then :D:D)

·
Registered
25,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here we go:

I have
2.3 White Albino (Red Eyes)
0.1 Black (Very silky)
1.1 Chocolate (well.. dark brown).

Photos: The pair chocolate and the black

Albino by itself.

Black by herself

Chocolate by itself

·
Registered
25,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mom

Dad (I think)

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
The black ones so cute, If i didnt have cavies would be straight to having one!

·
Registered
25,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also forgot to mention that the black and chocolate are tans, not selfs (ie. they have a light tan coloured belly, not the same colour as the rest of them) although I do have adult chocolate selfs it seems that the baby is gonna be a tan.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
I no u said that ud not sell as pairs but wat about 2 girlies? Id love the black and an albino...altho hav to try persuade OH to drive to cardiff x

·
Registered
25,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2 of the same sex is no problem :smile: I just don't like to think of them going to a breeding rack or anything and farmed until they die. I will sell pairs if I know people are gonna be responsible about it I've just had a lot of enquiries when putting them up in the local ads whereby I knew they were gonna either be lunch or mistreated. I just like them to have quality of life :smile:

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
oh no they are gorgeous. i used to have an albino called hendi, ppl at college gave him drugs grrrrrrr and he used to shake so i pinched him and bought him home. prob one of best pets i've ever had. he lived to the grand age of 4 :(
if you were closer i'd have one straight away but it's a bit of a drive for a mouse lol
good luck :thumb:

:cry: :cry: :cry: i miss hendi now

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
2 of the same sex is no problem :smile: I just don't like to think of them going to a breeding rack or anything and farmed until they die. I will sell pairs if I know people are gonna be responsible about it I've just had a lot of enquiries when putting them up in the local ads whereby I knew they were gonna either be lunch or mistreated. I just like them to have quality of life :smile:
so would u concider selling me a m & f? I am responsible enough lol...and the thought of stickin em in a breeding rack mkes me feel ill and there is no way they could be used as livefood here

·
Registered
25,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, basically I'd want to know if going m/f that if they were being bred it was either for the pet trade, or if the pinkies were for food that they were being euthanised in a humane way at a young age. And that they had a cage, not necesarily a big cage, mine are in small cages, but something with fresh food and water, all mine absolutely love the wheel, food and water every day, and they all get fresh fruit & vegetables on the weekend as a treat. They like to come out, love to be handled, can be very affectionate.. most of mine aren't that tame I have to admit, but my original ones were as soft as anything because I handled them every day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts