Reptile Forums banner

Phent (Florida softshell) being "forced" to bask!!

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Paul112 
#1 ·
well finally got picture of Phent basking!! (well being forced)

"I see you out there!!!"

"oh yes! No one can see me now!!"

"whats over there" "who's that?"

"is it time to go in yet?"

heres the pen he stays in so he dont "run" away with Onyx watching over him!!

did i mention my dog is the guard when hes outside! and wont leave Phents side

See less See more
#3 ·
currently yes, but i do alot of rescues around here!! i have had yellow bellies, red ears, and a common snapper, all were rescues and rehomed. I have also fostered a large green iguana for a few years, some common snakes that were either injured or that got into unsuitible situations, and a blind African clawed frog, i had an eastern box turtle (tort) for a little and then everything furry from ferrets and rabbits to dogs cats and goats... once i hatched some chickens in my dining room...

i also helped out a a local breeder for a little, which breed constrictors mostly but have experience with a few poisonous snakes, crocs and i handles a monitor at one point...

but currently i only have Phent and Onyx my hairless chinese crested

#4 ·
currently yes, but i do alot of rescues around here!! i have had yellow bellies, red ears, and a common snapper, all were rescues and rehomed. I have also fostered a large green iguana for a few years, some common snakes that were either injured or that got into unsuitible situations, and a blind African clawed frog, i had an eastern box turtle (tort) for a little and then everything furry from ferrets and rabbits to dogs cats and goats... once i hatched some chickens in my dining room...

i also helped out a a local breeder for a little, which breed constrictors mostly but have experience with a few poisonous snakes, crocs and i handles a monitor at one point...

but currently i only have Phent and Onyx my hairless chinese crested

Venemous!! only poisonous if you eat them:lol2:

What sort of sized tank are you keeping Phent in? Im sure Floridas get huge dont they ??

#5 ·
The females actually are the big ones! Males (phents a male) only get between 8 to 12 inches, but Phent is just under 14 right now, and I have seen females that were right around 2 feet long! They can be HUGE!

I didn't think Phent would reach this size he was stunted for a little, my parents were "taking care" of him or were supposed to be and didn't sadly he didn't grow very much for a year!

Phent doubles in size in the next few months after getting him back! And has been doing great ever sence!

He is currently in a 90 gallon that get a total water change each week with a 405 fluval filter! But I already have my eye on a 120 but if I move to a bigger place I found 250 that would be great for him!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.