·
Registered
5,895 Posts
Gorgeous little spider!

I'm picking 2 of these up next Sunday!!

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
I am struggling to find some good husbandry advice on the internet.

How do you keep yours??

I'm guessing they are terrestrial due to the size they get, just wondering about temp, humidity and whether they like to burrow??

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
awesome, nice pics too..
got to say, my P purple, really is lots more purple, it looks around the same size too. 'cept mine is about 3 yrs old so far:p:lol2:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Really nice looking spider. Love how cute mine is at the mo but it'll look amazing when it gets those colours. They're meant to be quite aggressive aren't they? How do you go about handling yours?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am struggling to find some good husbandry advice on the internet.

How do you keep yours??

I'm guessing they are terrestrial due to the size they get, just wondering about temp, humidity and whether they like to burrow??
Hi Jamie,

This particular T has made itself a pretty cosy hide, burrowed downwards. The dry coir substrate is 3-4". Temp is 78f day and 70f night. I never worry about or measure humidity but as with ALL my T's, it has a constant supply of 'fresh' clean water, which is 'slightly' overfilled as and when.

Otherwise they are a hardy species, great feeders and subsequently, fast growers.

Good Luck

iZAN

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Back on topic, here's my little HB which I hope will grow up to be a very nice spider :)

If it'll sit on my hand without biting me when it's bigger too then that'd be a bonus!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts