Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picking up a new boa tomorrow from leaping lizards in york, this time its a guyana redtail (b.c.c.) im travelling about 200 miles in total but it will be worth it,
its a 6ft male to pair up with my big female and i have looked all year for an appropriate adult so to finally find one is so great, i feel like a kid at christmas im so excited :D
i'll post some pics up as soon as i get back home

oh and thank you to andyj5447 for letting me know they had it in :wink:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hopefully not, he'll be in a hessian sack and placed inside a plastic carry box so that should help him feel secure,
the return journey should take about 1 hour 40 mins according to the AA route planner so thats not too bad, i just hope he doesnt bite me when i take him out of the bag, although i suppose it would make the pics more interesting :lol:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
wow congrats, he is one beautiful snake!

ive looked at buying him time and time again but if i bring something home that size will have a sizeable boot up my arse! :lol:

well worth the travel for that beaut!!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ianyork said:
wow congrats, he is one beautiful snake!

ive looked at buying him time and time again but if i bring something home that size will have a sizeable boot up my arse! :lol:

well worth the travel for that beaut!!!
lol i havent even seen him yet, no pics or nothing but your reaction to him has made me even more excited, :D

ive been on google images all night looking at pics of guyana redtails and trying to imagine which he will look like :oops: :lol:

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
good look with the new boa cant wait to see pics

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
he is a beaut and very alert and active and a MASSIVE steal at the price!

always comes to the glass and says hello when i go in (which at the moment is often :lol: )

you wont be disappointed

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
no worries :wink:

i got my first snake from them and have dealt with leaping lizards ever since! highly recommend them! will be getting my third snake from them as well :D as soon as viv is built!

was between the red tail or another german pastel :D

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah im going to have a look at the pastels while im there as i have a female and need a male to go with her,

i rang them this afternoon to ask them about the snake and they were very friendly, not sure who it was i spoke to but it was a man

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ive only ever been bitten off one of my boas once (i have 4) and that was only because i had handled mice and not washed my hands, she was about 3ft at the time and it didnt really hurt that much tbh, but its still not much fun lol
i'd hate it to happen now though as she is 9.5ft and as thick as my thigh :shock:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
now that would leave a mark :lol:

even our lass has plucked up the courage to pick them up as she was adament that they thought her fingers were dinner :lol: been lucky so far i suppose, sure my 4th purchase will give me a few nicks :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
all my boas seem like puppies they are so soft, well my little surinam is abit jumpy but it doesnt bite,
what you getting for your 4th like???

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
:wink: ah now thats a secret i cant divulge just yet, need to do some more research :D

and tbh i think thats why i like boas the most, have really good characters, tempted by pythons but our lass wont let me get one due to she nearly got eaten by one in kenya...some people are just selfish :lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts