Reptile Forums banner

picking up another new redtail boa tomorrow

1K views 31 replies 4 participants last post by  ianyork 
#1 ·
picking up a new boa tomorrow from leaping lizards in york, this time its a guyana redtail (b.c.c.) im travelling about 200 miles in total but it will be worth it,
its a 6ft male to pair up with my big female and i have looked all year for an appropriate adult so to finally find one is so great, i feel like a kid at christmas im so excited :D
i'll post some pics up as soon as i get back home

oh and thank you to andyj5447 for letting me know they had it in :wink:

#5 ·
hopefully not, he'll be in a hessian sack and placed inside a plastic carry box so that should help him feel secure,
the return journey should take about 1 hour 40 mins according to the AA route planner so thats not too bad, i just hope he doesnt bite me when i take him out of the bag, although i suppose it would make the pics more interesting :lol:

#7 ·
ianyork said:
wow congrats, he is one beautiful snake!

ive looked at buying him time and time again but if i bring something home that size will have a sizeable boot up my arse! :lol:

well worth the travel for that beaut!!!
lol i havent even seen him yet, no pics or nothing but your reaction to him has made me even more excited, :D

ive been on google images all night looking at pics of guyana redtails and trying to imagine which he will look like :oops: :lol:

#8 ·
good look with the new boa cant wait to see pics

#12 ·
yeah im going to have a look at the pastels while im there as i have a female and need a male to go with her,

i rang them this afternoon to ask them about the snake and they were very friendly, not sure who it was i spoke to but it was a man

#17 ·
ive only ever been bitten off one of my boas once (i have 4) and that was only because i had handled mice and not washed my hands, she was about 3ft at the time and it didnt really hurt that much tbh, but its still not much fun lol
i'd hate it to happen now though as she is 9.5ft and as thick as my thigh :shock:

#20 ·
:wink: ah now thats a secret i cant divulge just yet, need to do some more research :D

and tbh i think thats why i like boas the most, have really good characters, tempted by pythons but our lass wont let me get one due to she nearly got eaten by one in kenya...some people are just selfish :lol:

#21 ·
oh man i hate secrets :wink:
my girlfriend is the same mate, she is terrified of my reticulated python but loves my boas and even handles the big 'un, girls are weird, scared of a tiny 4ft retic but treats a 9ft boa like a teddy bear :roll:

#22 ·
aye know what you mean, she thinks corn snakes are evil but yet is happy with a boa that grows to double the size of them :lol: i aint complaining though, went in intentionally for a corn as didnt think she would have a boa but to my good luck she got one for me :D never looking back now

#24 ·
:lol: glad to see you turned her! bernie originally lived in our lasses room at her house but another lass came into the house and just whinged whinged whinged about it being there...that didnt concern me but im sure someone was going in and tormenting him so i made the decision to bring him to mine.....just need proof and then i can kill them :twisted: :evil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.