Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it 'normal' for a snake to be picky about the colour of their food?

Nyoka has just taken her 4th feed with me... a lovely big brown mouse..

However, she showed little interest in it. I left it in her hide and just over an hour later, its gone and I have a nice lumpy happy looking snake :D

The 2 white mice she has eaten have been gone in seconds.... unlike the brown ones.

Anyone else experienced this? :?

·
Banned
6,045 Posts
One of my Rosys used to have a thing for white mice, would refuse every time, show her a nice brown or black mouse though and BANG! taken and gone in a flash.

G

·
yep...some snakes arent bothered..others wont eat all white,
weve got some that wont eat all white,or all black....

also others that will only eat males,or only eat females...bearing in mind they have totaly diffrent smells

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have noticed that all the mice I buy are male actually. I figured it was due to the stock needed for breeding?

Holding the females and culling the males...

Either way, its good to know that my snake isnt the only pedantic herp out there!! :lol:

·
Registered
508 Posts
gerbils r supposed to be quite palatable...
I've got a psycotic one here which I threaten with being a snake dinner everytime I clean it out :( horrid little beastie that launches itself at the bars even if you look at it :?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
rofl

accidently leave cage door open :!: :D

heard they can be very curious ( gerbs ) ....

' hmmmmm wonder if that hissing long thing wants to play ' :?:

( thinking TAG here lol ) awwww ahm soooooooo bad :twisted: today ....lol ( hard nite at work )

Take care

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Mine BP and boa could care less what color they are. They eat chicks too small rabbits and gerbils. I got a frozen hamster yesterday - it will be a first - we were going to defrost it and put it in my niece's hamster cage as a joke ;) :twisted:

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Razaiel said:
Mine BP and boa could care less what color they are. They eat chicks too small rabbits and gerbils. I got a frozen hamster yesterday - it will be a first - we were going to defrost it and put it in my niece's hamster cage as a joke ;) :twisted:

Awwww, now THATS Mean!!! :evil: But funny!! :rotfl:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts