Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am new to this forum...left a thread under the introduction section and was asked to post some pictures. I took this photo today of my Acanthoscurria geniculata. The best eater out of all my spiders, never refuses food (unless close to moulting). It was eating when the photo was taken hence the raised posture. I was going to take some more pictures of my other species but most where either hiding or two venemous and aggressive for me to start poking my camera into the tank.

Made a youtube video of it catching its prey to show you, but the light levels on the youtube version are very poor :(. The link is here anyhow but nowt to get excited about:

YouTube - Tarantula eating

I also have a video of an adult Hymenopus coronatus (Orchid mantis) flailing its legs about, although not great quality either:

YouTube - Orchid mantis

I actually much prefer the pre adult moults of these species, I have had some marvolously coloured ones that are pink and green...a beautiful spp. For those of you who dont know this mantis....a couple of pics I stole of the internet (I am currently unable to taken decent macro shots of insects because my SLR was stolen):

Steve

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
nice Acanthoscurria geniculata i just sold mine the other day

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
pretty T's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts