Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any snow corn owners have and pics (close up if poss) of the head ready for a shed as so far I cannot see a change when he has shed

TIA

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
I have found that in both of my baby snows, its hard to tell when they are in shed, i have once noticed the eyes on my male milky, have had then both for about 3-4 months and have had 2-3 sheds each, usually i just find the shed in they tubs afterwards.

·
Registered
240 Posts
funny you should mention this; i got a grown on motley amel the other week which is settleing fine, feeding like a gannet and as gentle as they come. on sat (the day after feeding) i went to her cage to find a freshly shed skin. shocked me at first but there you go. I geuss people were right when they say "always expect the unexpected"

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
it's just so damned hard to tell with fluffy, he's gone all reclusive right now and didn't want to be handled so I've left him alone.

He's not shed since mid Dec

But how the heck do you tell with snow's :)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
yea i find mine all go grumpy a few days before their eyes go milky

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
mine is easy to tell she goes paler and milky eyes the orangey bits near her face go lighter
she is in shed now just come out of milky eye so witin the week i spose: victory:
dan

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been watching fluffy's eyes everyday (sad I know) but they never change the sneaky little bugger :lol2:

·
Registered
198 Posts
The best way to tell is the colours, you will notice it looking dull then the eyes start to cloud, even with snows. I can even spot it in my blizzards. The eyes will clear and the colour return slightly for a day or two then you will get your shed. The mood thing is quite normal during ecdysis(shedding), it's just uncomfortable for them, and i think they probably feel insecure due to their hindered eyesight. Hope that helps.

Sean

1 - 10 of 10 Posts