Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's 11 feet long on the dot

i saw him rubing his nose and i new SGEAD TIME weres my camera yay:2thumb:

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
great pics mate, I still would like one, maybe somewhen in the future, will you be breeding them next season?

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts
He's a fantastic specimen! Great timing with the pics!:no1:

I was gonna wind you up by saying nice Indian....but then decided against it! lol
(Apparently Pimbura is no longer an officially recognised sub-species)

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Say that to my 300 dna bill i have to pay every time a get a pimbura !!!!!
just to make sure they are not indian mixed :cussing:

they are still arguing about this point still about pimburas are a seprate sub or not but it looks like it could be changeing i hope so has they look alot diffrent when you see them in the flesh from each other

and also the dna test shows they are diffrent

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts
Say that to my 300 dna bill i have to pay every time a get a pimbura !!!!!
just to make sure they are not indian mixed :cussing:

they are still arguing about this point still about pimburas are a seprate sub or not but it looks like it could be changeing i hope so has they look alot diffrent when you see them in the flesh from each other

and also the dna test shows they are diffrent
NOPE.

CITES only list Indian and Burmese now.

Arguement is over it seems:(

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this is doing my head in this is pimbura not pimbura pimbura not pimbura guess what pimbura no not pimbura oh hang on pimbura not pimbura

maybe this will help then decide for the next 10 years jesus get a grip guys

and yes they are still arguing has i know a few peps high up in the food chain

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
Amazing snake.

To me indians and pimburas are so different there is no question in my mind. Handled an adult pair and their offspring, would love one but retics cost space :)

Great snake and great pictures.

Nice pimbura.

Mason

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts
this is doing my head in this is pimbura not pimbura pimbura not pimbura guess what pimbura no not pimbura oh hang on pimbura not pimbura

maybe this will help then decide for the next 10 years jesus get a grip guys

and yes they are still arguing has i know a few peps high up in the food chain
They may be still arguing but like I say for now it is no longer a valid subspecies. It's fine if you don't wanna believe me but it seems that's how it is for now. I don't agree personally as I can see the differences.

I've sent e-mails to DEFRA and the ICZN (who decide what animal goes where, latin changes etc. etc. in the nomenclature). I'll post whatever they say as they hold the facts.

All that nonsense aside. It IS an amazing looking snake. A credit to your collection and one that I would like myself one day:)

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dont get me wrong i bleive you but i wish they would sort it out and stop changeing it avery five mins but at the end of the day he will always be a pimbura to me

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts
I know what you mean mate, the whole Elaphe to Pantherophis for N.A ratsnakes bugged me, as did Chondropython viridis changing to Morelia viridis:(

Just when you learn lots of latin names and think you know what's what they go and change it :( Damn scientists:bash:

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

WE FEAR CHANGE! lol.

Anyhoo - have you any breeding plans for the pim?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep im getting him a lady in jan but she wont be big enuf till 09 has shes a early 07 unless you know of some one who has a earlyer one then mabe get 08 ?

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts
That's cool mate, I don't know anyone else who has one. If i see one about though I'll let you know.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts