Reptile Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondered how much cash i could get for a pair of pimbura tiger pythons female 8ft male 7ft.any ideas????

·
Registered
293 Posts
i know a breeder of these that charges £325 as hatchlings and gets it easily, so an adult pair should go for around a £1000

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
i know a breeder of these that charges £325 as hatchlings and gets it easily, so an adult pair should go for around a £1000

i'm afraid thats not how it works.

Oh and FYI, I'd hardly say having 20 odd left months after they hatch is "easy sales". Last year and again this year I beleive they even sold them to the trade.

Lovely snakes but it'd be one special buyer who'd give a grand for a pair of CITES1 animals not evewn recognised as their own species anymore (thye are now no longer "pimbura" they are just bundled in with indian rock pythons)

Awesome snakes but it'd be a sale in a million to fetch a grand for a pair.

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Can get a pair of 07's for £350 or less, would say £600 is more likely for an older pair.

·
Registered
25,686 Posts
I've seen adult pairs up at £500 before, could push for £600 at tops I'd think.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I've seen adult pairs up at £500 before, could push for £600 at tops I'd think.

That would seem fair. If I was looking i'd not want to pay more than 450-600 for the pair and I'd only pay that for knockout pimburas (as in a pair that doesn't just scream "i'm an indian rock python")

·
Banned
1,814 Posts
That would seem fair. If I was looking i'd not want to pay more than 450-600 for the pair and I'd only pay that for knockout pimburas (as in a pair that doesn't just scream "i'm an indian rock python")
I think you could have a major headache trying to get a pair of true pims Mason, due to them being so mixed up now with morulus molurus and molurus bivittatus. Such a shame as each is beautiful in it's own right.

I did give a true pair of pimburas to Eddie Munt and if he has kept them true,then you or anyone else wanting them, could hopefully get from him, as I know he has bred them. They are 100% pure, as are the ones here in these photos. Below are photos of my pims, followed by my late friend's molurus molurus, and one of a bivittatus.

Mo. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
i was thinking of gettign a myself 1 or a pair of these 1 day but i got told tehy were like £600 each lol so i thought i best forget the idea but now ive read this thread lol :mf_dribble:

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
i was thinking of gettign a myself 1 or a pair of these 1 day but i got told tehy were like £600 each lol so i thought i best forget the idea but now ive read this thread lol :mf_dribble:

Can get you a pair for £350 :whistling2:

·
Registered
5,898 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
A pair of Pims were repeatedly offered on various fora a few months back and they finally went for about £200 for the pair but I don't know what size they were. Someone got a bargain though. I would have thought the £500 to £600 estimate for adults was about right.

I just picked up a lovely little pair of 07 Indians for a bit over £200 last weekend- and they fed the next day too. :no1:

The prices seem to have dropped hugely for a lot the Cites Annex 1 species over the last few years.

Mark

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
A pair of Pims were repeatedly offered on various fora a few months back and they finally went for about £200 for the pair but I don't know what size they were. Someone got a bargain though. I would have thought the £500 to £600 estimate for adults was about right.

I just picked up a lovely little pair of 07 Indians for a bit over £200 last weekend- and they fed the next day too. :no1:

The prices seem to have dropped hugely for a lot the Cites Annex 1 species over the last few years.

Mark
i think many people are beggining to forget about these rarer species and just sticking to the basic large snakes e.g burms & retics ,personally allthough i know pims and indians dont grow as large as the likes of them 2 species they are still a large(ish ) snake imo id love a pims or indian one day just gotta wait till i got space and cash for it

id much have me a indian or a pims than a burm also but i cant say id have a pims or indian over a retic lol

·
Registered
581 Posts
i have been given one in the past, and given it away for free. sold another for around £100 and swapped one for another snake worth around £100 personally wouldnt pay anywhere near the prices mentioned here but thats just me :)

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
i have been given one in the past, and given it away for free. sold another for around £100 and swapped one for another snake worth around £100 personally wouldnt pay anywhere near the prices mentioned here but thats just me :)

next time u get 1 and feel like giving it away ill be happy to take one of these ugly snakes off your hands so ya dont ave to look at it :whistling2:

then i can just stand infront of its viv and :mf_dribble::mf_dribble:

·
Registered
581 Posts
the snake in the 2 top pics was great, i could get it out and handle it freely without gloves, gave it to a mate.
he didnt handle it at all :bash: :censor: then took it back from him when he told me it was 'wild' :devil: with no handling it went psycho.

i dont really handle my condas much and they stay fine....but pims need regular handling to keep them nice (just a point to remeber :) ) as when they are bad you have a handfull ;)

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
the snake in the 2 top pics was great, i could get it out and handle it freely without gloves, gave it to a mate.
he didnt handle it at all :bash: :censor: then took it back from him when he told me it was 'wild' :devil: with no handling it went psycho.

i dont really handle my condas much and they stay fine....but pims need regular handling to keep them nice (just a point to remeber :) ) as when they are bad you have a handfull ;)
i tend to handle my snakes for around 15 minutes a day at least except 2 days after feeding ,so i think ill be ok when i get a pimb in the future :)im also very jealous of your condas :whip:greens are my fave snakes :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts