Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been sat here thinking,both our corns have pink eyes and they both shed in the last few days,,,neither of them had cloudy eyecaps and there was no way of telling with there eyes they were in shed,not so much a problem with Esfer,,,but with Jake we wasnt sure if he was in shed or not,,,it was only his behavour for the last 2 days that led me to think he was,,,he was moping about where he is normally very active.
N e ways i was just thinking how this is not such a good thing as if he was ill he would probably laze about inactive as well.Just hope he never becomes ill at what might be his shed time. :?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
hi i have four corns 2 amels 1 hypo an a classic one amel went opague during shed the other didn't i only knew he was going to shed cos' his colouring had lightened the hypo always goes opaque an the classic i think is now going into shed as he is going pale and being a very solitary snake not wanting any attention wher as he has been loving it i think all snakes show different signs some get moddy an aggressive some just become secretive

·
Registered
380 Posts
sometimes the eyes dont go cloudy or stay cloudy for long, they will clear up a couple of days before a shed anyway.
the snakes body releases an opaque liquid from the epidermis to help shed, it helps the old skin to seperate, thats what you see when they have milky eyes before a shed.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
hi i have four corns 2 amels 1 hypo an a classic one amel went opague during shed the other didn't i only knew he was going to shed cos' his colouring had lightened the hypo always goes opaque an the classic i think is now going into shed as he is going pale and being a very solitary snake not wanting any attention wher as he has been loving it i think all snakes show different signs some get moddy an aggressive some just become secretive

·
Registered
1,026 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You only had to say it once Trese :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the replies,glad to see its not just me.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
oops had froze at my end so i kept trying lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts